Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Bring On The Snow
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My vegistroke system was completed today :woot: So far I have only about 100 miles on it but I am already lovin it. Its amazing how much it tones down the engine noise. I would like to thank all that helped in this process and answered my questions especially Clay. I cant wait to take a long trip and not see my diesel gauge move! :) Again thanks to all and keep on stroken. :icon_ford:

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
pictures, info, anything. I wanna do this so bad. I thought that there was problems with the 6L running like this? I would love to get more info about your setup.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Veggiestroke? What did I miss, are you running a mix of vegg and diesel? What is the system?

·
Bring On The Snow
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 6.0s are great to run Veg in. And the new V3 system is awesome. Its good down to -20 degrees. I got the 60 gallon toolbox combo tank and with about a half talk of veg it only takes about 2 miles to heat up the oil and switch to WVO only. My truck seems to run smoother and is definelty quieter. I dont know what else you would like to know. If you have specific questions feel free to ask and I will answer as best as I can. You can also go to Dino Fuel Alternatives: Vegetable Oil Fuel Systems and read about it. I would say if you have the money and can find sources for oil order yourself a kit and get it in ASAP. It will pay for it self quickly.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
awsome..i know chenry posted somewhere but i cant find it about the different wvo kits-vegistroke,frybird and greasecar..can anyone state the goods and bads about the different kits? im in the middle of florida so it get below 40 for a week a year pretty much so i dont have to worry too much about gelling..good to hear you got it going strong

·
Registered
813 Posts
jealousy is what Im feeling, congrats on an awesome mod!

·
Registered
54 Posts
O.K.... So that is pretty damn cool and I am really jealous. Its a bit pricey, but I'm sure it will pay for it self fast being that diesel just hit $5.69 here in LA.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congrats man. I've been wanting to do that for a while now. Was the install pretty simple?

·
Registered
891 Posts
Congrats! I have to agree that the V3 is awesome. This Saturday will mark my 2 week anniversary with the Vegistroke and I already have approximately 1,500 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
The 6.0s are great to run Veg in. And the new V3 system is awesome. Its good down to -20 degrees. I got the 60 gallon toolbox combo tank and with about a half talk of veg it only takes about 2 miles to heat up the oil and switch to WVO only. My truck seems to run smoother and is definelty quieter. I dont know what else you would like to know. If you have specific questions feel free to ask and I will answer as best as I can. You can also go to Dino Fuel Alternatives: Vegetable Oil Fuel Systems and read about it. I would say if you have the money and can find sources for oil order yourself a kit and get it in ASAP. It will pay for it self quickly.:thumb:
This is a misconception, the temp of the oil in your tank has nothing to do with switchover. The temp. switch is mounted in the V3 module in a coolant passage. the hot coolant is in fact what activates the swithover when coolant reaches 140*. The oil in the tank being half full or completely full will not change the switchover time. In winter time your coolant will likely never reach 140* as it is just not feasible to heat 60 gallons to that temp in a tank that is uninsulated.
When its 70* outside in the morning, my coolant reaches 140 in 2 miles and it switches. When its 20* in Jan. that jumps to 5 miles. Use a block heater to speed the coolant heating and switching time. I use the block heater for an hour on a timer in the summer time as well and i can switch over in less than a 1/2 mile. At the moment my block heater needs a new cord so i am not using it now.

·
Bring On The Snow
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is a misconception, the temp of the oil in your tank has nothing to do with switchover. The temp. switch is mounted in the V3 module in a coolant passage. the hot coolant is in fact what activates the swithover when coolant reaches 140*. The oil in the tank being half full or completely full will not change the switchover time. In winter time your coolant will likely never reach 140* as it is just not feasible to heat 60 gallons to that temp in a tank that is uninsulated.
When its 70* outside in the morning, my coolant reaches 140 in 2 miles and it switches. When its 20* in Jan. that jumps to 5 miles. Use a block heater to speed the coolant heating and switching time. I use the block heater for an hour on a timer in the summer time as well and i can switch over in less than a 1/2 mile. At the moment my block heater needs a new cord so i am not using it now.
CHenry is right and i even knew that. I guess i was just so excited when I typed that I didnt even know what I was sayin. But any way thanks for correcting that. :nod:

·
Bring On The Snow
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats man. I've been wanting to do that for a while now. Was the install pretty simple?
I did not do the install a buddy of mine who is also an Installer for DFA did it. But I have heard that its pretty simple other than the wiring part. Im sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Congratulations on another successful power stroke WVO conversion:thumb: It feels good doesn't it???:woot:

·
Registered
474 Posts
I did not do the install a buddy of mine who is also an Installer for DFA did it. But I have heard that its pretty simple other than the wiring part. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.
I emailed Jason some time back about becoming an installer here in NC but have yet to hear back from him?? what does he require to be an installer?? I've got to get my kit seeing as I have a couple hundred gallons of U.F.O out back...:woot:

·
Bring On The Snow
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I emailed Jason some time back about becoming an installer here in NC but have yet to hear back from him?? what does he require to be an installer?? I've got to get my kit seeing as I have a couple hundred gallons of U.F.O out back...:woot:
To tell you the truth I have no idea what it takes to become an installer. Sorry

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
how much are you guys paying for your vegi oil and where do you get it?

·
Bring On The Snow
1,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Its a 1.25 already filtered and ready to run from a Biodisel COOP here in denver. But as for me i am getting it for free from restaurants :)

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
do you get th same mileage with it?

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
He wants to know you and have some reassurance that you are in fact qualified to represent his company with the same kind of quality instalation and customer service he would give. An email isn't going to get you far.
how much are you guys paying for your vegi oil and where do you get it?
its free from resturants.
do you get th same mileage with it?
Who cares, its free...:lol:
I was reading 21 mpg on the 30 mile commute to work this morning burning vegi.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts