Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the kit just came today... ill be installing it with Rwalker helpin. im way too excited!

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
:rockwoot::worthless[1]::rockwoot:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its just a bunch of boxes right now!!! I leterally got it in the mail.. and came into the computer room and posted up!

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
hahaha I was kidding ya, but if you guys get a chance take some pics of the unit and install. Im really considering buying one myself:thumb:

·
Premium Member
13,244 Posts
this is awesome. finally get to meet another member and do some wrenching!

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
this is awesome. finally get to meet another member and do some wrenching!
:woot:

:hehe: i know Rob, it is lonely in Utah.......

congrats on the goodies, you may re-coop your investment really quick if diesel keeps soaring...lol

·
Premium Member
13,244 Posts
:woot:
:hehe: i know Rob, it is lonely in Utah.......
Yes it is my friend! i keep trying to talk my wife into moving farther east, she wont do it.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey man.... i just went through EVERYTHING.... there is NO instructions!!! how the heck???lol

·
Registered
25 Posts
Can someone explain what the vegiestroke kit is. I believe I have a pretty good idea but would like some more insight. Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,244 Posts
hey man.... i just went through EVERYTHING.... there is NO instructions!!! how the heck???lol
Look onthe website, maybe they have a downloadable PDF version.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah i just opened that up... and you are exactly right, im printing it out right now

·
Registered
224 Posts
I am interested in a video or pic install. Still deciding if or should i say when i get one if i want to install it myself.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
from what i can tell...... is mostly gonna be alot of wiring and hardly any wrenching, i may do some video clips of the install.... and definately will do some pictures.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I just read through the instructions myself. They really need to do a better job with the documentation. There are no pictures for 6.0s, only the 7.3. There are a couple errors in the dash disassembly instructions for 05+ trucks too.

Some pics would be really cool of just the hardware lying on the floor. There are very few pics of the V3 kits on the site, and they are very small and hard to see. I'd especially like to see the controller that mounts behind the dash. There are no pics of that part or the banjo fittings that the 6.0s use on the fuel rails.

I hope the install goes well for you.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
from what i can tell...... is mostly gonna be alot of wiring and hardly any wrenching, i may do some video clips of the install.... and definately will do some pictures.
The only wrenching will be changing the front banjo bolts on the fuel lines to replace them with check bolts, and pulling the plugs on the rear of the heads to put the vegi fuel lines to. Also tapping into the collant lines (heater hose) in two places under the hood.
the rest is running hoses and wire harness and installing the tank. Oh, and bolting the module to the frame rail.
If you need any tech help, give me a holler.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts