Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I screwed up. The truck was smoking pretty good these last couple of days at start-up. I got a new spare Western Plow relay that I had planned on putting on, but first I wanted to check the valve cover harness plugs to see if I had any pins burnt out. When popping one apart I broke off the little plastic stay on one of the connectors. Now it is just friction fit on there. I'm thinking of putting on a dab of silicone caulk to hold it. I'd rather not have to splice in a new connection.

You think this repair will last for a while? I'm really an electrical idiot :tard: and would rather not have to splice on a new connection plug.

·
Premium Member
23,190 Posts
I've broken 3 now, I just push them in tight and have yet to have an issue from that

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've broken 3 now, I just push them in tight and have yet to have an issue from that
Thanks. Yea, it fits in there pretty tight. Just wasn't sure if it would vibrate right out.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
You could always get the harness repair kit for it. The kit will have the connector shell pieces to repair the connector and the pin removal tool to remove the pin. Then all you do is push the pins back into the new shell piece.

Valve Cover External Harness Repair Kits (contains 4 hard shells w/seals, w/o pins)
(Ford) F7TZ-14489-BA (94-96) w/o pins
(Ford) F7TZ-14489-AA (97) w/o pins
(International) 1830829C91 w/o pins

Cheers!

Reactions: Arcturus

·
Premium Member
23,190 Posts
That's an even better idea lol

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a burnt plug on mine, one of the pin receptacles is completely cooked right off. Where or what is the best way to fix this? Its for the GP's on the right rear plug.

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
You can go the "splice-in pigtail" route or use the kit I mentioned previously (along with separately purchased pins) and crimp new pins on for the damaged ones. Part numbers for pins:

Female Pins, no wire lead (International) 1661875C1
Female Pins, with 6” wire lead (International) 2501055C1

Cheers!

Reactions: CELAYORK
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.