Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought another 1997 F-250 with a powersroke engine/auto. Only has 170-k miles...
Engine turns over great but will not start unless I juice it up, then it fires right off and runs GREAT. Turn it off and try to restart, NO LUCK until i juice it again!
Checked for blow by under the cap while running and found a smell like a wire buring. Pulled the cover and found the valve cover gasket has a burned spot between the plugs on the front connector! Would this cause my no start without juice problem or do I need to look at something else????:dunno:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The actual harness looks good, the gasket just has a burnt spot where harness plug into it, it does not have any melted plastic on the plugs anywhere.. So do I still need the complete harness??

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FT.WORTH, TEXAS

I hate to claim I did it, but I juiced it with WD-40.. The is a International dealer about 10 mins. from my office. I checked the website that someone above sent me, but even Ford in cheaper on the actual gaskets than they were. I bought some from Ford in Jan. for another truck and they was around $80.00 for both. But I never had to buy the harness.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts