Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I think I'm going to purchase a valve body before I pick up a DP Tuner, my question is, who's making the best one, I've heard a lot about BTS, so that's who I was going to use, but are there better companies out there?

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Jody and John Wood work very closly together to make the trans work just right with Jody's tunes.

So, with all that said, I would recommend getting a valve body from John Wood. They are available through ITP diesel.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right on, are there any differences in reliability between the two, or for that matter, are there any differences at all. Also, who out there is running a John Wood Valve body, and how do you like it?

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
Jody and John Wood work very closly together to make the trans work just right with Jody's tunes.

So, with all that said, I would recommend getting a valve body from John Wood. They are available through ITP diesel.
Quoted for truth. Get the John Wood VB. At that point, you have a good setup. I'm going BTS rebuild my trans, but I'll be running a JW VB. Jody has no problem with this.

(BTS is closer to me)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
Right on, are there any differences in reliability between the two, or for that matter, are there any differences at all. Also, who out there is running a John Wood Valve body, and how do you like it?
There is no difference I can speak of between them for "reliability". The only VB's I would use are BTS, John Wood, or FTVB. They are all within a few dollars of each other.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is there any difference between the shift feel of the two transmitions. I want it to be quick and firm enough to keep my tranny going, but I don't want to be thrown around.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
The John woods are lightning quick and firm, feel really nice, not harsh at all. His VB and DP tunes are an awesome combo. I recommend the Woods. itpdiesel.com for that one

·
Registered
106 Posts
The John woods are lightning quick and firm, feel really nice, not harsh at all. His VB and DP tunes are an awesome combo. I recommend the Woods. itpdiesel.com for that one
Same here.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
One thing I have herd from guys running a BTS is the reverse delay is annoyingly long. With the JW, the reverse delay is the same as stock. I do not have first hand experience with the BTS except for what guys have said to me.

·
Registered
106 Posts
One thing I have herd from guys running a BTS is the reverse delay is annoyingly long. With the JW, the reverse delay is the same as stock. I do not have first hand experience with the BTS except for what guys have said to me.
Same here.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So the reverse delay on the JW is not any more than stock, and supposedly the BTS is really noticable?

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
So the reverse delay on the JW is not any more than stockThat is correct, and supposedly the BTS is really noticable?That is what I have been told

In blue above

1 - 14 of 14 Posts