Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was on KBB today as I'm looking to see what I can get for my truck trade wise. This is what I have:
- 2004 F350 DRW Long Bed Crew Cab Lariat
- 82k miles (yes....just 82k!)
- Excellent condition inside and out
- Leather
- Tires (Michelin LTX) 75% or better
- Two tone (white with silver)
- Stock in regards to tuning, exhaust, etc
- B&W Hitch with 5th Wheel
- Firestone Ride Rite rear air bags

KBB says that on trade I can expect $8400. OUCH!

So mulling over selling the truck privately. What do you all think I could get selling it privately instead of trading? I'd like to get $15k.....is that a stretch?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited by Moderator)
Fat fingered the title.....it is a 2004 not a 2006. Moderator= fixed year in title

I'll work on getting a pic but sadly it's dirty right now since coming back home from vacation in nasty rain.

Yeah....the trade is an easier route but the $8400 hurts my feelings.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oooo.....oooo. Apparently KBB didn't keep my options like the diesel motor, etc and so now it's showing $13+ as a trade. I can handle that better than $8400. May go that route unless you all think I can sell it privately (and quickly) for more. Of course the "more" part has to truly be more to compensate for my impatience. lol

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Throw it up on Craigslist or where ever and start shopping for a new one. If you find a new one you want to look at, go look and see if the dealership will give you what you want for it. If it doesn't work out keep looking. But keep advertising it on your own just in case

·
Registered
103 Posts
I just paid $19,000 for a 2006 CC Lariat Dually in excellent condition with 109,000 miles; stock.

No moonroof

I also have an '04 same specs but with a moonroof...bulletproofed. I'd start at $15,000 and probably settle around $12,000/12,500.

I think stock has more value...personally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Oops. Duplicate

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Yeah trade in sucks. I lost $4k in 4 months on my 2013 Fusion trading it in on my '06 F-250 lol.

As far as price goes, forget about what KBB says. KBB is a great base line for people that have no idea what they've got, but in general see what the prices are on Craigslist. There's a black '04 F-250 CCLB lariat FX4 with 95k miles for $19k and a white 2003 CCLB F-350 XLT with 70k miles for $14k.

If your truck is in decent condition, I see no reason why it wouldn't bring $15-16k in the greater Seattle area.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I would look at NADA at clean retail. It will be higher than KBB. List it at NADA price and negotiate from there. My 06 ccsb lariat with 219k blue booked at 13500, NADA said 16,500 clean retail. You can look in my sig what's done to it so I listed it at 17,500. Had a few hits but not too much. Mileage complaints mostly. I was offered 13,500 trade in without the dealer even seeing it

·
Registered
8,243 Posts
Was on KBB today as I'm looking to see what I can get for my truck trade wise. This is what I have:
- 2004 F350 DRW Long Bed Crew Cab Lariat
- 82k miles (yes....just 82k!)
- Excellent condition inside and out
- Leather
- Tires (Michelin LTX) 75% or better
- Two tone (white with silver)
- Stock in regards to tuning, exhaust, etc
- B&W Hitch with 5th Wheel
- Firestone Ride Rite rear air bags

KBB says that on trade I can expect $8400. OUCH!

So mulling over selling the truck privately. What do you all think I could get selling it privately instead of trading? I'd like to get $15k.....is that a stretch?

Unless you are trading the truck in on a more valuable truck you won't get 15k on a trade in. A lot of dealers just say "oh it's a 6.0 those are bad blah blah" then it's for sale tomorrow for 10k more.

Sell private party and use half for down payment and half for goodies.

·
Fuel it up again Dummy
5,719 Posts
Unless you are trading the truck in on a more valuable truck you won't get 15k on a trade in. A lot of dealers just say "oh it's a 6.0 those are bad blah blah" then it's for sale tomorrow for 10k more.

Sell private party and use half for down payment and half for goodies.
Justin you are so spot on with that statement at the dealers. A few years ago I went to our local Ford dealer with my mom to buy her a new car and I had three different sales people approach me about trading my truck in on a new F250 and it still had Pacific Auto Sales plates on it.
Everyone of them were saving me from the horrible International engines Ford used before they built their own diesel. Your right on their trade in at $7,000-$10,000 less then the going price. Because the 6.0 is a throwaway truck at trade in, yet up front they will sell yours for $10,000 more. For Sure.

·
4,488 Posts
If you know someone at your bank call them and ask them for the black book values.
That's the best way to get correct Value of a vehicle.

·
Registered
377 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts