Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
03 f250 4wd 4dr. Studed and egr cooler "relocation mod" 5in exhaust turbo back.
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to show this. I have seen alot of discussions on the vgt vains. My turbo is on its last leg. I have about 200k miles on this stock turbo. I have stock injectors with a tune from river city diesel. Truck runs great but injectors are alittle smoky. I was cleaning the exhaust side of the turbo and came across this. This is a great pic showing how the vains have siezed and stayed in the closed position. I had wonderful torq down low but started to fall on its face at higher rpms. My boost at times was high, 10-12 psi (haha) @ 70mph no load.

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Did you notice a difference after it was cleaned? What was the condition of the unison ring?

I hate pulling the turbo and since I hate it so much when I cleaned mine, I got a Unison ring to keep from having to pull it again.

·
Registered
03 f250 4wd 4dr. Studed and egr cooler "relocation mod" 5in exhaust turbo back.
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am getting a new turbo in a few months. The slot was alittle worn out from trying to cycle. I would definitely suggest replacing the ring for that reason. I havent noticed it getting hung up yet and works good but wont last long.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts