Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know there are threads for vacuum pump problems which I used to solve my problem. Like most the air was only coming out the defroster. Read out wires and power all that checked good. I neve heard the pump come on. So I thought I had figured it out. So I replaced the pump. Afterwards started the truck and air blew out port selected inside of the truck as it shoudl. I was happy..lol. Get up the next morning start the truck head off to work. As I turned the fan back on the air went spewing out thru the defroster again. Im not sure what to do and was curious if any of you guys have any advice.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
You have a vacuum leak somewhere probably. Is your truck 4x4?

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Southend,

Thanks for your reply
It is 4wheel drive...but its not a push button it has the shifter on the floor and manual hubs....does that matter....By the way love your sig at bottom of your posts...Amen brother

Sent from my DROID4 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Southend,

Thanks for your reply
It is 4wheel drive...but its not a push button it has the shifter on the floor and manual hubs....does that matter....By the way love your sig at bottom of your posts...Amen brother

Lol, you understand. I'm still thinkin vacuum leak, check under the hood where the heater control valve is, could be under the dash, or in the control panel that selects the vent setting. You have manual 4x4, no problem there.

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes sir I do...been Navy for 15 yrs now..lol...Ive worked for everything and dang proud of it..yep I cling to my guns and religion..anyway...I havent owned a diesel in years and years so tryin to relearn..lol...anyway when I turn the key on I put my hand on the pump dont hear it come on or feel it runnin...checked fuse manual said fuse #27 checked good...when I first installed the pump it blew out at all selected vent ports...I have to say this is beginnin to piss me off...lol...should I hear the pump? Or is it to quiet? When I turn the key on I do here a hissing sound but sounds like its coming from the turbo area...as I said Im fairly ignorant on diesels and vacuum problems, but I finally have my dream truck, a dually diesel..lol...thanks for all your help and time all your pointers Im checkin now but where is that heater thing located

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh I did check behind glove compartment...didnt see or hear anything...I moved that arm up and down with no resistance and got air to come out at the floor and when i let the arm down it came back out the defroster . Could never get it into a position to blow out the vents...dont know if that means anything or not...but man thanks for all the help

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Hey, no problem. The heater valve is right over the right valve cover. You should normally hear the vacuum pump when you turn the key on. Vacuum leaks are hard to find. If you are new to the 6.0 read this too...http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/showthread.php?t=259257 Yea, my gf is a recruiter in the navy, my boss is retired, he has his chit together. Thanks for your service!:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man...much appreciated...is the vacuum pump loud or what does is sound like...when I turn the key after the glow plug goes out...I still hear a buzz...but its not comin from the pump atleast when I stick my ear to it...lol

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for that link...Man Im gonna have to get me one of those edge insights...that is awesome....Doin alot of readin thanks for the help...hopefully I can return the favor to ya someday

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Thanks for that link...Man Im gonna have to get me one of those edge insights...that is awesome....Doin alot of readin thanks for the help...hopefully I can return the favor to ya someday

Check out all the 6.0 stickies too, sometimes you gotta read them more than once, alot of info. The monitor is essential. No problem, we're on the same side. Lol. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you have one of those edge insights with egt probe? If so tell me what ya think....Well still aint got that darn vacuum leak fixed yet...still to stubborn to take it to someone..lol

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fgbb

1 - 12 of 12 Posts