Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having issues with the small vacuum pump under the hood. vents wont switch from defrost to panel to floor. learned today that controls auto hubs as well. is there a fuse that controls this? anyone have any input on this situation

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just went through this myself. I was too quick to order a new pump before I trouble shooted though. Try this:

1. Find the grey hose coming off the pump and follow it toward the heater hose and make sure it is attached (this is what my problem was).

2. Trace your vacuum lines from each hub all the way up to the motor to make sure you don't have any disconnects or leaks.

3. If one and two do not work and everything is connected, pull a hose off to test for a slight suction. If you do not feel anything, then order a new pump (ebay is fine $50-$75.00).

Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have checked and all hoses seem to be fine. can you hear the pump while it is running. i have unhooked a hose and cant seem to tell if the pump is running or not. i have checked and there is voltage coming to the pump

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't recall being able to hear the pump running while the truck is running. If your grey hose to the heater hose was indeed hooked up, and you unhook it and put your finger on it (with the truck running) you should feel a slight suction. Be sure and not only check connection points, but also check the entire run of the vacuum lines for cracks/splits. If you don't have any breaks in the lines and don't feel suction when you test them then order a new pump.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Where exactly is that pump under the hood of a 2005? and do the 7.3 trucks have the same pump in a different location?

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
7.3s do have one. Pass side. Has a cylinder on one end and an electrical connector on the other. Check your manual. It will have a fuse chart.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Ok thanks. And is the pump for a 2005 6.0 in the same place and work the same way?

Sent from my DROID X2 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Work the same? Yes. They might be in the same place and possibly the same pump. Cause from what I remember a lot of the condenser and blower motor A/C components didn't move much if at all which is what the pump is next to along with the vacuum reservoir.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts