Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone out there with the new 6.7 have passenger tags on their truck in VA? Looking at Ford's curb weight specs on a short bed SC and CC they tip the scales at around 7,300 lbs but most guys are claiming theirs are pushing 8,000 or more. As you know registering under passenger tags allows you to take advantage of what's left of the PPT relief - the 7,500 GW limit. But even if the manufacturer's curb weight was listed at 7,300 I am not sure the DMV would accept 7,500 as the GW. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I am not running truck tags on my 06 f350. And my buddy was able to swich his 3500 mega cab dodge to regular tags to save on taxes.

Sent from my iPhone where spell check hates me.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would agree on the dodges since they have a curb weight of around 7,100. But it sounds like the 11/12 Ford's are coming off the assembly line at closer to 8K even though the specs I have indicate 7,400.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Running truck tags just means that you can haul more weight. If you are not hauling your max pay load. I would not get truck tags.

Sent from my iPhone where spell check hates me.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Running Regular tags here.. Granted they are Guard tags but was Stock passenger tags before then. Was not aware of a tax difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts