Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to see what options i have to get rid of the choppy ride to something a little more smother.
Will the V and B super duty code leafs make a dramatic difference for ride quality?

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I can't see sigs so I don't know whether or not you have a 250 or 350. If you have a 250 do a Dana 60 swap, rsk, v and b code springs and new shocks. Should be a huge difference.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply..it is a 350 with the dana 60
so with the v and b codes along with the rsk is the way to go? also what year of a superduty i would mention to get the v/b codes?

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Just did the swap on my 95 and it helps the ride considerably but I started with non flexing springs in a 250. I can't say for sure that a early 99 SD would work but a 99.5-04 will have the same springs for the front, rear you should be able to get anything up to a 07.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Mine made a huge difference, springs came off a 2002. Super happy I took the time to do
the conversion.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds good these sound like what the truck needs to smooth the choppiness.
Will be calling a few dealerships tomorrow to see if the prices fluctuate between them.

Thanks again for the input guys!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I got a complete set of 4 for 200 bux used. Low mileage from someone who lifted their truck.

Check local suspension shops, bet you'll get lucky.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got a complete set of 4 for 200 bux used. Low mileage from someone who lifted their truck.

Check local suspension shops, bet you'll get lucky.
Can this be a simple removal of the OBS leafs and bolt the SD leafs in place?
At the moment i can't do the RSK but found a lead on some B and V codes at a good price.

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
No the sd leafs are longer and the axle sits in the center of them while the obs leafs have the axle sit off center to the front of the leaf. The rear springs are minus drilling out the shackles for a bigger bolt

If u cant do the rsk, just put a new set of bilsteins all the way around.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for that info! I really need to do something, the rear springs that the truck has are super stiff..the rear axle leaves is annoying,even a short dip in the road is all that it takes.
Maybe to just bear with it until i can get a RSK,i have looked into two different ones..i rather the one where i am not cutting them bumper brackets off. One question i have is there a template to follow where the holes are drilled into the frame? or is it all in measuring twice and hope i only drill once?

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
Get the PMF kit.... the one that doesnt cut the bumper bracket. There is a thread on a pmf rsk on here. Let me see it i can find it

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Get the PMF kit.... the one that doesnt cut the bumper bracket. There is a thread on a pmf rsk on here. Let me see it i can find it
Thanks Frank..the PMF design looks great,real liking how the bumper brackets and bumper remains untouched. I see that this setup clears the 35's which i currently have with no issues. So i am wondering what the 3.5 would be sitting, i am not sure if it would have the rear end too low even with the b codes and the 4in. blocks.
on a sidenote i just got an email about the b and v code spring packs from a strictly powerstroke wrecking yard and told with new bushings installed and 12month warranty for the low price of 400 bucks.

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
No problem..... sounds like a diecent price and yes all PMF stuff is HD... if u have to go bigger then factory 4" blocks, i would also suggest getting them from PMF as they have deep spring perches to keep them straight, and they have u bolt tabs to keep them straight as well

1 - 14 of 14 Posts