Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with using an sct x4 (without custom tunes) on a stock truck
I have a 4” lift with 35x12.5x22’s. The truck feels slow, groggy, delayed shifts. Wondering what to expect if I use only the tuner and then go with custom tunes later.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ezlynk emissions equipped tuning is going to be your best bet. The canned tunes will add hp, it’s just generic tuning and there’s much better available.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Who’s the best custom tuner out there? Looking for a switch on fly so I can still tow and hoping someone can tune so the turbo “hisses” at idle

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Tons of threads with vendors names, and Google can help as well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It seems like things have changed a lot in the last 6 months. The same people who were at the top a year ago don’t seem to show up in the search results at all. And people I’ve never heard of are now at the top. I’m not sure who to trust.

·
Super Moderator
1,534 Posts
If the truck is slow and groggy, why not re-gear it or go back to smaller tires.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Are you planning to do the weight reduction? If not, DP Tuner is a good option and will make the truck more responsive compared to canned SCT tunes. I’ve ran the SCT canned tunes and they are laggy, regen like crazy, and drinks DEF. If you are wanting a “hiss” idle tune, then you would need to do the weight reduction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
129 Posts
I currently run PPEI SOTF emissions on tuning via ezlynk and have not have any issues but somethings can be worked on(I am picky).Regens are about every 400 miles and fuel mileage has stayed about the same compared to stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts