Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talked to this guy today, and he said he used some kind of Amsoil synthetic engine oil and he only changes his oil every 25,000 miles. He said every 12k or so he sends in a sample of the oil to Amsoil and has a test run on it and they always tell him it is still good and should keep running this stuff. I have a hard time believing any oil will go 25K. just wondering if any of you have any info. on this miracle oil? Sounds kinda strange but who knows.

·
Registered
521 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
yes i run amsoil in all my vehicles. i change the oil at 25k on every single one of them. over a million miles between the 5 vehicles and not one problem yet.

·
Registered
94 Posts
amsoil

Turbo Diesel: 15,000
N/A Diesel: 20,000
Gas Motor: 25,000

I was a dealer for amsoil thats what they call for......believe me its the best oil out there and definately saves you alot of money!!!

·
Registered
792 Posts
They used Mobil 1 EP on a Porsche Cayman S to test out the oil. It lasted 100K miles. It isn't recommended but at that time, the Cayman had no issues. Just thought you find that interesting.

·
Registered
659 Posts
powerstroke has a hpop and that requires more changes.on a cummins that would be just fine i have done it with no problems but on a stroker i would never try it.you are just asking for hpop problems.

·
Registered
792 Posts
what is hpop?

·
Registered
659 Posts
high pressure oil pump that is what drive the injectors on a powerstroke

·
Registered
792 Posts
So what's the max you can go on an oil change with Amsoil? 15K? 10K?

·
Registered
659 Posts
i would say 10k would be just fine becuase it is synthetic.i run mine 5k on the old dino stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
how many times should you change the oil filter in that 10,000 miles, just once at 5,000??

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
what about if your are running the good old rotella 15w40? How many mile between oil changes? I dont mean to high jack the thread just curious.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
:bump::bump::bump:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I always run my oil to 4-5k. 4k if im doing alot of city-stop and go. 5k if its more highway.

·
Dirtleg
634 Posts
i thought rotella was bad on the 6.0 injectors

G

·
Oil

Talked to this guy today, and he said he used some kind of Amsoil synthetic engine oil and he only changes his oil every 25,000 miles. He said every 12k or so he sends in a sample of the oil to Amsoil and has a test run on it and they always tell him it is still good and should keep running this stuff. I have a hard time believing any oil will go 25K. just wondering if any of you have any info. on this miracle oil? Sounds kinda strange but who knows.
Write down the number in my sig, I'll gladly help you and your friend when you need work done. :woot:

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Write down the number in my sig, I'll gladly help you and your friend when you need work done. :woot:
hey jon if im not mistaken , the last few really bad sludged up powerstrokes weve seen, were running amsoil or am i wrong , oh well job security for me
:hehe::hehe: :thumb::thumb:

and there you have it people. The end.

G

·
You are correct

Yes, we have seen several sludged up Strokes on Amsoil. One as a matter of fact we knew wasnt sludged up until they started using it. Now we have an open date for a rebuild on it due to 1 - 2 bad holes. Its just a matter of time now. But yes I'm a big supporter of amsoil. Keeps me busy.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts