Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a replacement bed for my 2005 F350. I found a brand new takeoff from a 2011. I realize it'll probably bolt up fine but I can't tell if the body lines are a match for my 05. It looks like the wheel wheel is a different shape. Obviously this 2011 one will have the rectangle filler neck, but that's not a biggie.

Any advice would be great.

·
Registered
353 Posts
It's not gonna look right at all , the body lines are different

·
Registered
222 Posts
Fender flares might cover up the difference though

·
KING of BLING!
1,630 Posts
It will work. Not sure if it is going to look right. Also the 2011 beds have the extra big fuel tank door on them too.

·
Registered
52 Posts
So I've got a 2003 and I'm looking at a 2010 bed... Did you do this swap, if so how did it work? I'm thinking of doing Fender flairs anyway, but I'd rather do it on something with less rust.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Also, I'm wondering if the my lights will work, it looks to me like the "basic" shape is the same but that the angles in the plastic are different.

·
Real Men of Genius
5,309 Posts
So I've got a 2003 and I'm looking at a 2010 bed... Did you do this swap, if so how did it work? I'm thinking of doing Fender flairs anyway, but I'd rather do it on something with less rust.
If you're looking at a 2010 bed, then you don't have to worry about the fender flares being different. It's only the 2011 and up (6.7L trucks) beds that are different than ours. 99-2010 beds are the same, the 08-10 tailgates and rear bumpers are different, but the bed itself is the same.

The same goes for the fuel door. 99-2010 fuel doors are round, the 2011+ fuel doors are square.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Heres a pic I found on an ebay store. Looks good to me. Looks like they retained the bumper and gate.

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
I really would like to get a new takeoff bed but The prices for 6.5' beds are insane. And its hard to find one local.

·
Real Men of Genius
5,309 Posts
I really would like to get a new takeoff bed but The prices for 6.5' beds are insane. And its hard to find one local.
Yep. I paid $1400 for mine and it needed a lot of TLC - still wasn't terrible.

To be honest with you, the superduty 6.5' beds are the EXACT same as an F-150 6.5' bed - the only thing different is the side panels. You can buy an F-150 bed, pop off the side panels, and put brand new F-250 side panels on (for about $400 per side) and have a "new" F-250 short bed.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Good news... sorta..

Thanks Super Duty, that's good news. I even found a pristine one locally, except he want's $2100 for it... which is big bucks in my mind. I do so love the Super Duty stamped tail gates, and he's including the lights, bumper, back rack, back up sensors (which I can't use), back up camera (also can't use) etc. Plus it's got the step AND is the 4x4 package like my Lariat and is sprayed inside with ford bedliner ... but man, 2K, OUCH.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts