Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
haters gonna hate 24/7.
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ya'll,

I found a 2005 F-350 CC LB 6.0 4x4 for sale. It has 150,000 miles on it though.... probably pulled a gooseneck. I can prob. get a heck of a deal on it. I just wanted to get ya'lls thoughts on it, if its something i should jump on or just sortof hold out on. I appreciate ya'lls input.....

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
150,000 Ouch. Look around a bit, Unless it's under 15K.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Good looking truck... I guess I would only suggest to do the basics, run an oasis report, make sure you don't see any signs of any leaking, and get some sort of extended warranty thrown into the deal just in case.

·
haters gonna hate 24/7.
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its actually right at 15k but im sure i can get a lil more knocked off

·
haters gonna hate 24/7.
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good looking truck... I guess I would only suggest to do the basics, run an oasis report, make sure you don't see any signs of any leaking, and get some sort of extended warranty thrown into the deal just in case.
i actually had the oasis report pulled last week when i first saw it and its a one page report.... like 4-5 recall issues and a cracked spare tire rim and an egr sensor......

i dont know what to do.... i dont really need a truck cause i still got my tried and true OBS but i dont wanna pass up a good deal on a CC LB :dunno:

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
crap, id do it. get them down to 13 or 14 and be happy! its nice!

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
crap, id do it. get them down to 13 or 14 and be happy! its nice!
But It's not a GREAT deal. I would buy at 13,500.00 and tax and feel fine. But I would rather hold out for something under 100K.
Either way your ok.

Good Luck with your decision At least it's a 6.0L:nod:

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
NADA says $29,1000 so $15K sounded good to me in the first place. :thumb:

·
Rebel
657 Posts
But It's not a GREAT deal. I would buy at 13,500.00 and tax and feel fine. But I would rather hold out for something under 100K.
Either way your ok.

Good Luck with your decision At least it's a 6.0L:nod:
I just sold a 04 lariat cc FX4 swb short bed for 15k with 210k on it in 3 days of up for sale.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Why?:confused: I bought mine with 135K on it for 19,000 and it now has 190+ on her. Its never been to the dealer in the time ive had it. and only once by the past owner.

I would buy it in a heart beat at 18 or less.

·
Berm Buster
527 Posts
Truck looks super clean. Are there any mods done.

·
haters gonna hate 24/7.
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Truck looks super clean. Are there any mods done.
i know.... especially with 150k on the odo. I haven't laid eyes on it yet, but i think its stock

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
I would try to find something with a little less miles, say around 100k. Unless you have cash money, its much harder to get a loan for something with that many miles, regardless if its a diesel or not.

·
Rebel
657 Posts
I would try to find something with a little less miles, say around 100k. Unless you have cash money, its much harder to get a loan for something with that many miles, regardless if its a diesel or not.
I could borrow 29k right now on that truck with 200k on it???

·
Registered
792 Posts
It looks to be in great condition. I mean the leather on the driver's seat even looks good!

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
I could borrow 29k right now on that truck with 200k on it???
That wouldn't be very smart considering todays market. You can get them dirt cheap from folks trying to get rid of them because of the simple reason they can't afford the fuel.

Regardless, it will be more difficult to get a loan from any bank on a vehicle that has over 100k. I didnt say it was impossible, i said it would be more difficult. And someone like you who buys trucks for business has a better and much easier chance at it than a regular joe. Thats not rocket science.

·
Rebel
657 Posts
That wouldn't be very smart considering todays market. You can get them dirt cheap from folks trying to get rid of them because of the simple reason they can't afford the fuel.

Regardless, it will be more difficult to get a loan from any bank on a vehicle that has over 100k. I didnt say it was impossible, i said it would be more difficult. And someone like you who buys trucks for business has a better and much easier chance at it than a regular joe. Thats not rocket science.
Only difficult if you have bad credit.. Hell i could pay cash i don't care.. I am saying the truck is worth whatever the man whats to pay for it. If he likes it enough to buy it then its worth it as long as he's gonna keep it. I impulse buy all the time. Who care what the market is you might not be here tomorrow :thumb:

My truck in my sig would cost over 80k to replace. with everything on it. So with the market the way it is i should sell it for 10k? Since its a diesel..

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
That may be true for you, but even if Im not gonna be here tomorrow, I have a family and I PLAN on being here tomorrow and if Im not, I dont want to saddle them with unneccessary debt if I were to die on the way home.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
I have currently 3 daughters and HAVE to plan for their future:doh: I've got prom dresses, cotillion dresses, eighth grade dance dresses, weddings, colleges, and the list goes on and on.......and on.....and on. They're expensive.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
My truck in my sig would cost over 80k to replace. with everything on it. So with the market the way it is i should sell it for 10k? Since its a diesel..
And if you HAD to sell it, because you couldnt afford it and couldnt make the payment AND pay for fuel, rather than have it repoed by someone like you:nod: you sell it for what you owe on it and protect your credit. You have to do what you have to do in those situations. And its only worth 80k to another tow truck driver....to a regular guy, it aint worth that much because he would have to take all that off.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts