Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i bought a used spartan tuner and i plugged it in just so i can see the beauty and start daydreaming of whats it like. lol
when i plugged it in it had all the tunes on there (wich i thought i had to get a new license) is it ok to load up those tunes or what??
also how do i load my stock tune onto the programmer or do u think the other guys stock tune will work??

thank you!!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I am no professional but I believe they are VINspecific. If you try to load you are probably asking for trouble.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Try to load the tune and see what what error code it shows. Should show a 003 or something like that wrong vehicle. You will need to contact spartan directly pay them a re license fee. You will need the name of the person you bought the tuner from. They will call them to make sure its not a stolen unit. Also while you have the unit plugged in go through the menu and to the info screen where you would load a new license and write down the vin of the last vehicle it was on. That will save you some trouble in the long wrong.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
yea wat these guys said, and be sure to have all this done, by Saturday....or when ever ur comin back...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thx all!! i e-mailed them this morning and they are calling the guy and seeing if its stolen.
Hopefully my truck will be up and killing ricers in no time!! lol.
koda it should be all good when i come up. dont know when ill be there (fri, sat, sun)
except the exhuast part. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts