Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck didn't come with NAV, I didn't see the point in spending that money when I could use my phone. But heck, if I can install factory NAV for less than $50.00, I will do it :)

Enjoy.

Using ForScan you can modify your 2013 Super Duty with Sync2 to have factory NAV. It is pretty slick. Below are a few pics now that I added it. Quick instructions.

What's you must have in your truck already:

Sync 2 with 6.5 or 8" touch screen

Compass icon that is functional (essentially GPS)

What you need:

First thing, have an OBDII reader and the ForScan software.

Make sure your have the last version of the Sync 2 software loaded. (version 3.8)

USB Drive to load update to Sync

Download the image for the Nav system: NaviPatch.png

Go on eBay and purchase the 2018 SD maps disk for Sync (40 dollars)

What you do:

Load 3.8 to your Sync 2 system. This will require you having a clean USB with just the Sync update on it.

Get in the truck, put the USB in, start the truck. Sync should automatically notice a software update and start. The update takes like 20 minutes so plan on that.

After a successful load, clear all the files off the USB and load the NaviPatch.png Nav image file. Go to Settings - Display - Wallpaper and add the image, you'll be prompted to "touch" to unlock the Nav image. Do it.

Turn the truck off.

Hook up the ODBII reader and set the truck to 'on' but not started.

Open ForScan.

Go to the APIM module and edit the following:

7D0-01-02* 0401* 4200* 0223* NAV enabled (Sync 2)

Follow the ForScan instructions. Then turn off the truck and take off the OBDII reader.

Start the truck. It will now have NAV and prompt you for a SD card. Put in the SD Maps card, you now...have factory NAV.

--- this video has both the sync upgrade and .png links!!

·
Super Moderator
9,606 Posts
So where do you get the "Load 3.8 to your Sync 2 system" on USB?? I don't recall the Sync 3.8 is out for download.

·
Super Moderator
1,534 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I got it to work but waiting on a new map sd card.
I tried a A9 card but wouldn't read it so I ordered an A7 card to try.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Used it for the first time today, worked great. Actually, better than I expected.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
@lowmpg where did you get the pic for your screen? I like it

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
I followed the original instructions and got factory navigation on my ‘13 F250 that only had the information/compass on the screen before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,713 Posts
I followed the original instructions and got factory navigation on my ‘13 F250 that only had the information/compass on the screen before.

What card did you get? I think I'll try this on my 2013 Focus.

·
Premium Member
11,713 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
So where is a link that works for the patch????? Or is it just the sync update and the work on Forscan???

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
20,353 Posts
Both the sync update and the patch links are in the YouTube video in the comments area.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dang, I was kinda hoping you got an A9 card with the 2018 maps. LOL
I saw an earlier post where someone had an issue with the A9 and thought maybe it worked for you. Thanks for the link though.
A8 card is the 2018 maps.

·
Super Moderator
1,534 Posts
Dang, I was kinda hoping you got an A9 card with the 2018 maps. LOL
I saw an earlier post where someone had an issue with the A9 and thought maybe it worked for you. Thanks for the link though.
If it reads the A7 or A8 card, it should read the A9 card. I just updated my A8 card to A9 and it worked perfectly during the 3 week trip out west....

Reactions: G8orFord
1 - 20 of 43 Posts