Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a 4 door, so i just went and looked at a ccsb 00 7.3 with 155k and an auto trans yesterday that i found on craigslist. Heres the link :2000 Ford F-250 Powerstroke 7.3!!!
It has some dents and dings here and there, as expected out of a 12 year old truck, but no rust, or leaks. He used it to pull a 26 enclosed , and as a daily driver. Tranny fuild and oil looked good , no burnt smell. This will be my first diesel truck and i was wondering what you all think about it , hes asking 14k also , which seems a little high, as it books for 12,500

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Did he use gauges when he had a chip pulling a trailer?
If not, I'd offer him 11,500 because of the possible damage that was done.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No it doesnt have guages, what kind of damage are you talking about ? I think im going to offer 12k and go from there . How do you check for blow by in a diesel ? it has a k&n cold air intake also for fuel economy

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
Running very hot temps towing with a tuner with no gauges. Very dumb.
Also, check the turbo shaft for movement and the condition that the compressor blades are in because of the air intake.

Pull the oil fill cap while running to check for blow by. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Running very hot temps towing with a tuner with no gauges. Very dumb.
Also, check the turbo shaft for movement and the condition that the compressor blades are in because of the air intake.

Pull the oil fill cap while running to check for blow by. Honestly, I wouldn't worry about that.
I did pull the oil cap, just a little smoke , it wasnt spitting oil or anything. Ill have to check the turbo if and when i go back to buy it . So basically the tranny could be fried , from overheating. these 7.3's are hard to find with low miles , but i guess i could always keep looking

·
Registered
90 Posts
yea, check the turbo, k and n filters can let dust by and smoke turbos.

·
Registered
11,152 Posts
The trans could but there could be melting somewhere in the motor. Who knows, maybe it's in perfect shape, but it's a way to talk him down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts