Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
Does the John Wood Valve body come with a restrictor plate like most other valve bodies or is it designed to be used with the factory restrictor plate? Reason I ask is my brother in law just recieved his JWVB and it didn't come with instructions or a restrictor plate.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Chris

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
No restrictor plate for most trucks up to 400hp.

If you are swapping out one of his old VB's for a truck making 500+hp, then it will have a restrictor plate.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, appreciate the replies. We got the valve body in with no problems. He just wanted to make sure that he got all the parts. What a difference it made. He drives an '01 F250 Lariat that has the AIS, 4" exhaust, OBA, DP no start, stock, 80e, and 120R. I still like my handshaker better, but I'd definitely get the JWVB if I was automatic.

Chris

·
Registered
272 Posts
how neccesary is it to have the aftermarket VB? i was thinkn about butying one casue i have some extra cash to spend on my truck and with my DP coming in in a couple of days i was wondering if it would make a huge difference with shifts?

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Yes, it makes that big of a difference.

PS, Fat chicks need love too. More to make you feel like a man. You must be young to make a statement like that. A true man, gentleman actually, would never say such words.

·
Registered
272 Posts
good call on the young haha, but im not hateing on chubby girls haha, they are jus tlike mopeds fun to ride just cant let your friends see you on them.....atleast not at my age haha

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Mopeds, chevys all the same.....LOL.....

·
Registered
313 Posts
Mopeds, chevys all the same.....LOL.....
yeah but you dont get harassed as much if your on a moped
the moped usually is faster also :rofl:

and when he finds a fat chick that can jump you can consider him married..

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how difficult was the install?
I was a cake walk. You drop the pan, remove the filter, and unbolt the stock valve body and remove. Installation is reverse. My Bro says the John Wood Valve Body did to the tranny what the DP tuner does to the engine. It's that much of a difference!

Chris

·
Registered
360 Posts
I was a cake walk. You drop the pan, remove the filter, and unbolt the stock valve body and remove. Installation is reverse. My Bro says the John Wood Valve Body did to the tranny what the DP tuner does to the engine. It's that much of a difference!

Chris
Hot damn, it is that much of a difference huh?

·
Registered
272 Posts
well ive been hesistant of investing in one of those, but i think it is time...rather the 250 and save my tranny then nothing and spending 4000 when i drop my tranny

1 - 13 of 13 Posts