Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought an SCT xcal2 off of ebay... trying to load tunes on it and it says that the device is unrecognizable and a possible error 161... Its status is unused with 5 unlocks... WHAT AM I DOING WRONG????

·
Registered
339 Posts
Have you read the directions? Not trying to be a smart a$$ but there are a few different ways to hook it up/ get it to talk to your PC. One way you hook it up to update firmware, another way to load tunes or download the stock tune. I messed up a few times before I found out what I was doing.

Do a quick search for "download stock tune" or something like that. The SCT folks wrote directions on here for us. You can go the the SCT site for directions, manual, etc. You can also call SCT. They have good customer service.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
i bought mine off of ebay too and when i got it and tried to put tunes on it wouldnt work so i called sct and i had to download the new live load ford program and updated my device and since then it works as slick as pam spray on a snow sled

·
Premium Member
31,706 Posts
Download the most up to date firmware and liveload software.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Still having issues.... Have the ver 1:14 firware and the liveload Ford program.... My xcal2 works fine but my buddys still nothin

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now it says loopback failed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.