Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently thinking about getting rid of my airraid quick fit intake and replacing it with an AFE stg 2 w/ PG7. I know it'll definitely flow better and I'm sure egts would be lower, turbo would spool quicker.

Is this a worthy mod of doing since I already have an intake? Should I just save the money and put it towards something else?

Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? bump

·
Registered
497 Posts
id do it, i love my Afe stage 2

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
It all depends? What are your EGT's now? How do your oil analysis look for filtration levels? EGT's aren't controlled by one variable but by three, intake, exhaust and proper tuning, I mentioned this for the sake of others since you already have a 4" exhaust and DP tunes. Unless you were getting high levels in your oil analysis or you were having to back out out of the go pedal a lot I wouldn't waste my money. I wanted the best possible filtration and I went with the FORD AIS and with the zoodad mod it flows all the air my truck needs and I have never had to back down because of high EGT's and that's towing heavy with it nailed up some steep grades!! Adequate airflow is critical, a hurricanne blowing up your intake isn't a help, I hope you see my point here. The AFE II is a great intake don't get me wrong, but there are others that provide cleaner air and all the flow most trucks need. If you are over 400 RWHP you probably need the extra air from the AFE. It's your truck make the best choice for you. I would highly rely on a good oil analysis to make your decision. I use Blackstone Labs myself.

NCH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts