Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and my buddy were messin around in ower trucks last night. he has an 07 ppe shied tuned duramax daycab and my truck with sct looney tuned. he had run the hott tune but only ran it for a week before he could feel his tranny start to slip so he is running econ. i let him drive mine for a while he didnt want to get out of it :hehe: i had a few questions on my next upgrade either get a bigger turbo with fass fuel pump and also a hotter tune and fuel intesifier or get.studs first? talked to a buddy who had a cummins that had close to 500 horse and spent 75,000 on it in parts and 4 trannys. though i should get a bigger turbo first and stuff but he was kinda loopy from a few beers when we were talkin about it got any advice?

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Studs first, especially if you can them done under warranty and also if you are planning bigger power.:thumb: Get 'em done, and the EGR blocked off. Then you'll be god to go.:nod:

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do u get them done under warrenty just buy same arp head studs and have them install them for free hahah?

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
My case, is my EGR cooler went, and being friends with the service dept. they said they "were going to check the heads" and as a favor use the studs to put it back together instead of factory bolts.

Some dealerships are cool, they'll do it no problems. Others are a little more picky. If you know any shops, talk to them, talk to the actual techs if you can. Ask around, there is no harm in asking.:thumb:

·
Premium Member
19,112 Posts
That's how I got mine installed as well. I would suspect that a large percentage of the folks had their factory head gaskets blow and studs installed during the reassembly process. After that, I would suggest getting a regulated return to ensure that you don't starve your injectors during WOT runs. Here's the order I would go:
*Regulated return
*FASS/AirDog
*Injectors
*Turbo

·
Registered
215 Posts
That's how I got mine installed as well. I would suspect that a large percentage of the folks had their factory head gaskets blow and studs installed during the reassembly process. After that, I would suggest getting a regulated return to ensure that you don't starve your injectors during WOT runs. Here's the order I would go:
*Regulated return
*FASS/AirDog
*Injectors
*Turbo
ive got 2 out of the 4 done:)

·
Premium Member
19,112 Posts
Once you're done with yours, Brody, that thing is gonna scream...

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
I'm with DKR on this one. Talk around some dealers some. Some even turn their heads at mods. Get that thing studded

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the advice again guys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts