Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey do you guys think upgrading shocks would improve the ride of my truck very well? It is currently stock, but a newton 2.5" (2.5" spacer up front and 2" block in rear) will be going on soon. I would guess the ride will get slightly worse (and its already pretty bad) I was thinking about throwing some fox shocks as well as a steering stabilizer on as well, if they would make very much of a difference. I realize this is a budget lift kit, and I could have gone with the icon 2.5" kit and improved quality but that would still cost nearly twice as much as buying the newton and 4 new shocks.

Thanks.

·
Administrator
30,444 Posts
the level kit shouldn't change the ride at all just height

any shocks always leaves you at the mercy of someone elses idea of a valving choice so ask around before you decide on a brand
i use the adjustable Rancho's myself

·
Registered
138 Posts
Subscribed

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just put Rancho 9000XL 9 way adjustable and love them. On 1 it rides really smooth and on 9 rides like a tank. So you can adjust for your own comfort.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I put Bilstein 5100's on my truck, didn't really ride any different.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
I just put Rancho 9000XL 9 way adjustable and love them. On 1 it rides really smooth and on 9 rides like a tank. So you can adjust for your own comfort.
Did you install the remote adjust system?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have an icon 2.5" coil and Bilstein 5100 shocks. Not much of a difference. I wish I could tell you it is nice and smooth, then again it could be my tires.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 8 of 8 Posts