Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how many has upgraded there banjo bolts or drilled them out. :dunno: Is it worth doing?

·
Registered
604 Posts
wanna know the same thing...

·
Premium Member
4,670 Posts
I've been reading about folks swapping out the 6.0 bolts for the 6.4 bolts, but I think most of the feedback has been similar to the Zoodad mod: couldn't really tell a difference but it can't hurt.

I'd recommend NOT drilling out the factory bolts. Used to be a popular mod a couple of years ago, but drilling them out compromises the structural integrity of the bolt and that's not something you want to break when you try to take it out later.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've been reading about folks swapping out the 6.0 bolts for the 6.4 bolts, but I think most of the feedback has been similar to the Zoodad mod: couldn't really tell a difference but it can't hurt.

I'd recommend NOT drilling out the factory bolts. Used to be a popular mod a couple of years ago, but drilling them out compromises the structural integrity of the bolt and that's not something you want to break when you try to take it out later.
Yea drilling don't sound too appealing. I found some "upgraded bolts" on ebay for $25. I called the dealer and the 6.4 bolts are $26 a piece!

I would think it would be a good idea if you have a HOT tune.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I drilled mine out and removed check valves and no difference here, starts just fine.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
I have a 7.3 and removed my check valves a long time ago and it starts right up. They dont really do much for our trucks. I assume the 6oh would be similar.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
I drilled mine out and removed check valves and no difference here, starts just fine.
That is good. I was not sure if it would effect start ups on the 6.0

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Double post

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I bought mine off eBay can't tell any diffrencr but it can't hurt.
1000 post! !!:woot:

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Can someone tell me what this mod is for? I'm a bit behind...thanks

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can someone tell me what this mod is for? I'm a bit behind...thanks
To prevent fuel starvation to the back (rear) injectors at WOT.

So I ordered my of ebay today and we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
You actually can tell a difference, you see the difference after 2750 RPMs or so it'll pull harder on top end. I replaced mine about 10K mi. ago or so and haven't had a single problem yet. I definately think it's a good mod and worth it and would recomend it.

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
I've heard it will give the truck enough fuel for the HOT tunes on the top end.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Does anyone know where to look for the upgraded banjo bolts? I couldn't find them on Ebay.

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
How hard are they to replace?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
7 days and counting.... still don't have the new bolts. There coming from Canada and I wonder whats taking so long?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok I just installed them and the only different is less crank time at start up. I haven't jumped on it yet so I'll see how that gos.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts