Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 08 f250 and i haul occasionally. i do alot of mulch delivery, and even a truck full of mulch in the bed makes the rear end sag more than i think it should be. i have 130,xxx miles and i think that my leaf springs might need to be replaced? i had a 2000 f350 and i couldnt do anything to get that truck sag at all and i miss that. i am thinking about upgrading the rear end set up to f350. if i am correct the difference is different leaf springs and a taller block. should i replace the leaf springs or just do an add-a-leaf? should i go to the ford dealer and get the specific block that it should have on the f350? do leaf springs wear out like that? or am i just imagining things... i know thats alot of questions but any help would be great.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I would just get a set of airbags and call it good. I know that these trucks springs keep getting softer and softer to make them ride better, but obviously causes more sag when loaded. Add a leafs will ride a little rough, but with airbags you will keep your stock ride, and just inflate them a little more when you are going to haul a heavy load.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so if i want to lift it a couple inches, would you reccommend replacing the rear block, doing airbags, and then a leveling kit up front?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Yes, put the F350 block in the rear with airbags, and a leveling kit up front and your truck will ride level no matter what your hauling. Just add or let out some air in the bags when your not hauling and you will be happy.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So when it comes to the leveling kit, do I need to replace the trackbar bracket? Or is 2" not enough to worry about?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Yes you will need to do something about the track bar, whether thats a new track bar, or a braacket. If not your axel is going to be pulled to the drivers side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.