Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you guy's have been using these switches for? I'm looking to put in rear mounted lights for launching a boat in the dark. I just wanted to get some other ideas. It would be interesting to read what you've come up with.

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
Aux 1- air compressor
Aux 2- Nathan K3LA train horns
Aux 3- High idle
Aux 4- nothing yet, maybe an ejection seat for the ol lady when my ears have had enough hahaha

Sent from iPhone

·
Registered
568 Posts
There's a group of four wires to the left of steering column. Those are your upfittter switches. They are already hot. I think the first and second ones are 30 amp,then 15 and 10. Check your manual, I can't remember

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
Yeah, just search upfitter and you'll find all kinds of stuff

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
I use mine for my Red emergency lighting and high idle.

Going to be using it for some rear mounted lighting shortly

·
Registered
53 Posts
Air compressor
Power to the Backup camera for the rear of my 5er
Backup lights mounted under rear bumper, on anytime not just in reverse
High idle

·
Registered
896 Posts
i put a 12 volt outlet in the back corner of my bed for my dog box, it has a fan in it. and im planning on hooking up a compressor and train horns to the rest in the future

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Aux 1- Lights
Aux 2- More lights
Aux 3- More, more lights
Aux 4- Power/kill switch for air compressor (Firestone Ride Right and airhorn)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just got my switches in the mail..looking to install this weekend...will be running an ARB twin compressor on 1...an ARB air locker on second (for front axle)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What kind of air compresser are you installing and where have you installed the compresser? Where's a good place to buy the rear bumper mounted lights?

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
I got a 480c viar. Put it here:

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Thats an awesome setup^^^^^^ I have a VIAIR setup as well but my compessor and primary tank are on the outside passenger frame rail and secondary tank is in my tool box.

by the way
AUX1 - power to H&S mini
AUX2 -Nothing yet
Aux3- Power to 46127 United Pacific train horns
Aux4- VIAIR compressor

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I have rear undermounted lights wired to aux-4 . They are really useful

·
Registered
198 Posts
Viair 450C #1. Kleinn Train Horns on #4. Soon to be a Rigid light bar on #3. #2 not sure yet.

·
Registered
198 Posts

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
Preciate it guys, yes it's custom, just got some heavy gauge angle iron from joke depot, grinded it down to the bare metal and metal
Painted it flat black with rustoleum paint. I used a 3.5" angle on each wall of the inside bed, and ran the the long horizontal pieces on those 3.5" pieces. Bolted it all up with cad plated hardware.

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
I have a low profile tool box that sits infront of that.. Can y'all post some pics up of your horn/tank/ compressor set up?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Is there any way to convert the upfitter switch to a 3-way switch? Or replace the switch with a 3-way? Benefit to doing this is so that I can put in 08+ mirrors on the truck and wire the switches to power fold and telescope using the switches and leave everything on the driver side door stock (clean look)

·
Registered
227 Posts
ejector seat switches -
all of my nieces and nephews like to yell "shotgun!" and call the front seat when they ride in my truck. when the front seat passenger starts pushing buttons and flipping switches they get relegated to the back and the next kid moves up. they think it's funny at this point.

"hey, what's this switch do"
"don't touch it"
"really, what's it do? <big grin>
"really, don't touch it"
*CLICK*
"YER OUTTA HERE"

funny thing is I installed them last spring with plans to put some back-up lights in but haven't hooked them up to anything yet.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts