Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Folks
Getting ready to install upfitter switches and harness. Has anyone removed the cover from the Central Junction Box?
At the end where the harness comes out there is a mini fuse box with 6 spaces for fuses. Mine has on fuse a 5 amp.
Input device Computer keyboard Peripheral Office equipment Musical instrument accessory
Peripheral Input device Computer Computer keyboard Circuit component
Am I missing fuses or is this one the only one that's needed.
Finger Gadget Thumb Circuit component Wrist
Eyewear Font Wood Material property Wire
This guy was also in my pkg.Does this go somewhere special, or have I missed something. I didn't see anything in the instructions.

Thanks
The picture answers my Question about the five Amp fuse. Just wanted to make sure . I wonder if more fuses are needed when adding other circuits ( heavier current needs) Ext Horns, Winch Etc.

·
Registered
2005 F350 Lariat Crew
631 Posts
Hey Folks
Getting ready to install upfitter switches and harness. Has anyone removed the cover from the Central Junction Box?
At the end where the harness comes out there is a mini fuse box with 6 spaces for fuses. Mine has on fuse a 5 amp. View attachment 778645 View attachment 778646 Am I missing fuses or is this one the only one that's needed. View attachment 778647 View attachment 778648 This guy was also in my pkg.Does this go somewhere special, or have I missed something. I didn't see anything in the instructions.

Thanks
The picture answers my Question about the five Amp fuse. Just wanted to make sure . I wonder if more fuses are needed when adding other circuits ( heavier current needs) Ext Horns, Winch Etc.
I believe that cluster of wires is used to connect whatever you want your switches to do. And for the fuses, you're fine. A lot of the fuse holes aren't used on your truck.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe that cluster of wires is used to connect whatever you want your switches to do. And for the fuses, you're fine. A lot of the fuse holes aren't used on your truck.
Thanks i was not sure that if adding circuits ,possibly more fuses would be needed. thanks again ....Popi

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Switches and harness installed. Hi Idle Mod using Orange/Lt Blue and Purple/Lt Green wires works Great!
+-Thanks to everyone who contributed advice.

Reactions: ZMANN

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh sweet. So I've seen a few Hi Idle switches and the few that I've seen require the parking brake to be pushed in. Does yours?
Yes the parking Brake has to be set and Transmission in Park ( Auto Trans). Once I figured out that Central Junction Box Mounted literally ABOVE the Glove Box Door! The install went smoothly.

·
Registered
2005 F350 Lariat Crew
631 Posts
Yes the parking Brake has to be set and Transmission in Park ( Auto Trans). Once I figured out that Central Junction Box Mounted literally ABOVE the Glove Box Door! The install went smoothly.
Ah damn. See, I haven't used the parking brake since I bought it and I heard if it's never been used for a long time, it could get stuck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts