Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
740659-0010

Is this the latest and gratest rebuild kit part number?
Im trying to go with the 360 kit.

***Upgraded Powerstroke Duramax 6.0 GT37 GT3782VA GT3788VA 360 Turbo Rebuild Kit | eBay

Is this the best kit to get?
Am I getting everything I need?

I am also going to get a unison ring and billet wheel.
VGT Turbo Unison Ring - Riffraff Diesel Performance
Riffraff Diesel Billet Compressor Wheel for Ford 6.0L 05-07

I hear that the rotormaster is the same as the wicked wheel
ROTOMASTER A1370511N BILLET Performance Compressor Wheel
http://www.ebay.com/itm/05-07-6-0-6-0L-Ford-Powerstroke-Diesel-Billet-Peformance-Compressor-Wheel-GT37-/231596289163

Am I on the right track?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,713 Posts
Get the stuff from Charlie at KCturbos. @peixinho
You'll get quality parts and excellent service as well as great advice from a turbo guru.

Reactions: ZMANN and peixinho

·
Premium Member
4,175 Posts
Let me know if we can help. I can get you everything you need, and more.

We have have DIY kits that up the size of your turbo while you are in there. We are also having a tax sale.

kcturbos.com
[email protected]

·
Administrator
29,457 Posts
Order from Charlie / KC Turbo/ peixinho I was just looking at his sight last night and getting a rebuild list together for my 6.0 ( thanks to G8orFord )

and the SS unison ring is on that list along with the 360 rebuild I may do a 10 blade wheel also ??

https://kcturbos.net/collections/6-0-powerstroke

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Here are my biggest interests with my turbo that I want to improve.
1 reliability.
2 improve spool time.
Then with my mods I'm interested in, the turbo will also benefit with a bump in boost...

I feel that doing a stage 1 turbo upgrade will decrease spool time compared to a stock turbo with an upgraded billet wheel and 10 blade exhaust wheel.

Is this true?

Next question. KCturbo @peixinho Do you make your unison ring or does someone else make it?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Save yourself some time and get Charlie to

mail you out a stage 2 turbo. That baby will spool quickly and sing a sweet melody. I really, really like mine. Possibly the best mod yet, well maybe next to the ported intake, or the aww heck, just get the turbo. :scuffy

·
Premium Member
4,175 Posts
Here are my biggest interests with my turbo that I want to improve.
1 reliability.
2 improve spool time.
Then with my mods I'm interested in, the turbo will also benefit with a bump in boost...

I feel that doing a stage 1 turbo upgrade will decrease spool time compared to a stock turbo with an upgraded billet wheel and 10 blade exhaust wheel.

Is this true?

Next question. KCturbo @peixinho Do you make your unison ring or does someone else make it?

Thanks.
We get it from a reputable source. We are not a "foundry/machine shop", we are a turbo shop

a bigger turbo will come with a little more lag. It is part of the game

1 - 8 of 8 Posts