Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well was looking at the motor today and saw that both of my up pipes were leaking and was wondering were i should get the gaskets and how hard is it going to be. and if there was anything that i should do sence ill have the turbo off .

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
carquest 17250 or napa s17250 they are just soft exhaust gaskets they are 1.99 a piece. Or go the the dealer and get raked over the coals at 17.99 a piece

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man. how are of job is that .

·
Banned
733 Posts
Count on bolts that are hard to remove. PB Blaster will help. Clean up the parts with fine sandpaper and I heard a little water on the seals helps them seat. I replaced the bolts with allen head screws. I put together nearly three feet of 3/8" extentions, with wobbles to reach them from under truck. I did not have part number for NAPA and could not get a good match, so I blew the budget at the Ford dealer. High temp anti seize on all bolts is a real good idea.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Ok count on this, those carquest gaskets are three time the size of stock ones. You may strip out your Y pipe when using them.

Use alot of pb blaster let is soak over night. Then use more pb blaster.

Count on at least 2 days to do this. According to dealers it should only take 4 hours.

During reassembly use anti-sieze.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Ok count on this, those carquest gaskets are three time the size of stock ones. You may strip out your Y pipe when using them.

Use alot of pb blaster let is soak over night. Then use more pb blaster.

Count on at least 2 days to do this. According to dealers it should only take 4 hours.

During reassembly use anti-sieze.
For real. :hehe:

You'll need new O-rings for the turbo too bronc. Like $11 total from Ford. If I were you I'd get new bolts from Ford too, just in case. Wish I had done that before :doh:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so i like that im going to tackel that job next week so i need new o rings and the gaskets

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
I have heard the donut gaskets from a old Chevy 350 will seal better and work better than the ford dealer powerstroke gaskets and they are way cheaper from any auto parts store. Be careful and don’t break a bolt off and then drill and tap it out only to have it strip on final assembly like I did.

·
Premium Member
1,824 Posts
I have heard the donut gaskets from a old Chevy 350 will seal better and work better than the ford dealer powerstroke gaskets and they are way cheaper from any auto parts store.

Thats the napa #S17250 or carquest #17250

This is the link for the thread I did for when I did the upipe gaskets. I dont know if the OBS gaskets are different, you can see the difference how much thicker the listed above are, but the bolts are plenty long enough, there is about 3/4" of bolt threads grabbing when I put mine in.
WASTEGATE, WW, FOIL DELETE

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks man for the info. hoping to start on it this friday or saturday at the shop

1 - 11 of 11 Posts