Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning ahead for when/if my egr pipe/or up pipes crack. My egr cooler is deleted by previous owner with block off plate. Rudy's does not have the egr deleted up pipes available anymore (at least on their website). I am finding all sorts of pipes on eBay and Amazon for $90 but not sure how cheaply they are made. Any recommendations on what I should purchase?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
ZZ diesel sells heavy duty stainless ones for $250. Lifetime warranty. Thats my plan when my stock ones let go.

·
Registered
59 Posts
just get them ford that way you know they fit correct and put the block off plate on the driver side up pipe so you can re route your exhaust back PSI sensor that way you dont need the piece off the up pipe that went to the EGR coolers you will have to bend the back PSI tube some to straighten it out

·
Registered
113 Posts
The problem with the OEM ones are they are known to crack once the egr(s) are deleted and removed. There is no longer support for the crossover tube. The weight and vibration cause it to crack. Assuming this is a reason the OP is deleting in the first place. OEM will crack again with no EGR

·
Administrator
21,555 Posts
I tell everyone that coreys pipes are the best investment unless you like having to do things twice.

Then I suggest getting OEM this time and keeping Coreys on the shelf.

#coreyslingsthebestpipe

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
The manifold already have one of the two bends built into it so it reduces stress on the up pipes which were and are a big failure point on the 6.4s. They do flow better than the 6.4 version

·
Registered
59 Posts
The problem with the OEM ones are they are known to crack once the egr(s) are deleted and removed. There is no longer support for the crossover tube. The weight and vibration cause it to crack. Assuming this is a reason the OP is deleting in the first place. OEM will crack again with no EGR
DONT REINSTALL THE PART THAT WENT TO THE EGR COOLERS PUT BLACOK OFF PLATE THERE AND REROUTE THE BACK PRESSURE TO THAT PLATE YOU WILL HAVE TO DRILL AND TAPE THE PLATE TO DO THIS IT IS QUITE EASY

1 - 15 of 15 Posts