Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 f350 7.3 powerstroke, can l upgrade the turbo with different blade for better sound and torque instead of replacing the whole turbo.

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Rebuild kit with 360 thrust, 1.0 exhaust housing, billet wheel, gutted outlet and you'll be set. I went with the Wicked Wheel 2 but there are others out there. I have custom tunes and stock injectors still but it's a world of difference with those turbo upgrades. Better MPG, lower EGT's and much more lower end power.

We highly recommend the deleted pedestal. Once you remove the turbo you will understand why.

@[email protected] has all the parts needed.

I will say this set up sounds absolutely ridiculous if you want sound. I have a 3" downpipe to a 5" side pipe and the turbo whistle is much higher pitch and it's easy to tell there's been some turbo work done. Auto trans with 3.55 gears and i'll hit around 22ish psi and a little more if I push it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 4 inch down pipe running passinger rear wheel truck is stock wanting to hear more whistle. Believe l have leak at up pipe only getting around 12 pound of boost and that kicking it at 70 mph

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
By up pipe I assume you mean on the hot side of the turbo. Exhaust leaks are a killer but i'd definitely check the Y-manifold on the cold side.

The little O-ring gasket seal thingy is very easy to pinch and can cause major leaks. The Y-boots are another common failure point.

For the price you can't beat them

·
Vendor
12,911 Posts
I have a 1995 f350 7.3 powerstroke, can l upgrade the turbo with different blade for better sound and torque instead of replacing the whole turbo.
Rebuild kit with 360 thrust, 1.0 exhaust housing, billet wheel, gutted outlet and you'll be set. I went with the Wicked Wheel 2 but there are others out there. I have custom tunes and stock injectors still but it's a world of difference with those turbo upgrades. Better MPG, lower EGT's and much more lower end power.

We highly recommend the deleted pedestal. Once you remove the turbo you will understand why.

@[email protected] has all the parts needed.

I will say this set up sounds absolutely ridiculous if you want sound. I have a 3" downpipe to a 5" side pipe and the turbo whistle is much higher pitch and it's easy to tell there's been some turbo work done. Auto trans with 3.55 gears and i'll hit around 22ish psi and a little more if I push it.
This is a really nice upgrade too.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts