Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 F250 with a 7.3L powerstroke with turbo. When I first purchased the truck, it had three dead glow plugs and three dead injectors. Replaced all glow plugs, still had issues, found dead injectors. Being the person I am, I rebuilt all the injectors. August of 2020. Impressive performance afterwards. Fuel economy, power, and it ran smooth.
Recently, with in last two months, fuel economy has diminished, still seems to have plenty of power, and it is not as smooth running. I think it has to do with injectors, with valve covers off, I can tell that not all are operating equally. None are totally dead, but oil flow from some is less than others. There also is a ticking noise that I am unable to locate exactly it's source. Could be an injector, a lifter maybe, just cannot seem to pinpoint it.
Any suggestions?
Any advice?
What additives if any that can help to free up the injectors.
Is there an additive I should be using at all times to help prevent issues and to improve performance?
On another note, previous owner removed exhaust pipe and I have the downpipe and it where it stops, everything else is gone. On the down pipe are two studs and they are roughly 4.75 inches apart and the tapered part is roughly 3 inches in diameter. Cannot find anything locally that will fit.
Name of a good website to find these items?

·
Registered
2005 F350 Lariat Crew
1,209 Posts
Change the oil and see if it helps. Get some stiction elimantor, whether hotshots or archoil doesn't matter. They both work.

In terms of exhaust, I think you'd be better off just getting a turbo back system instead of hunting for a downpipe back. You're gonna have a hell of a time finding some pipe to fit that doesn't look ratchet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts