Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '07 lariat crew cab with some sort of overhead console. It has a flip down sunglasses holder, which I do use. It also has this empty cubby just behind the sunglasses holder. Anyone know if it's for anything specifically? Have you guys mounted anything in it? CB radio? DVD player? Just left it empty? Let me know what you did with it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
subscribing

was wondering what the heck that cubby is for as well

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Its for a garage door opener. There should be a velcro patch on the door where you mount your opener and then there is a little rubber bumper thing that mounts on the topside you can cut it to lenght to line it up with the button on your opener. Then all you do is give the door a little push and it activates your garage door opener.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its for a garage door opener. There should be a velcro patch on the door where you mount your opener and then there is a little rubber bumper thing that mounts on the topside you can cut it to lenght to line it up with the button on your opener. Then all you do is give the door a little push and it activates your garage door opener.
What?? It's literally an open cubby. There isn't anything in it at all. There is no door on it.

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
No there is literally an open cubby and its for putting whatever you would like in it. Mine holds my sunglasses, my backup sunglasses, and my backup backup sunglasses.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its for putting whatever you would like in it. Mine holds my sunglasses, my backup sunglasses, and my backup backup sunglasses.
Ah ok. I thought our might have some purpose I didn't know about. Might be time to buy a cb radio lol

·
Registered
132 Posts
No there is literally an open cubby and its for putting whatever you would like in it. Mine holds my sunglasses, my backup sunglasses, and my backup backup sunglasses.
sad, but I do the same thing

the sunglasses cubby has 1 pair, and that open cubby has the "backup" of the backups :rofl:

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
ain't nothin sad about being prepared.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
What?? It's literally an open cubby. There isn't anything in it at all. There is no door on it.

Mine is an 04, must be different. I have the garage door opener holder...

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have that doored cubby too, but I thought that was for sunglasses. Just further back from it is the open cubby.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh? Do ours work with velcro too? Or not? I'd go check on my own, but I wont be home around my truck for another 4 days.

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
my garage door opener is on the visor, arent the 05-07's like that.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Does anyone know the interior dimensions of that open cubby hole??

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
all i know is my 03 goes...... trip, mileage, direction readout (that needs to be repaired lol) then sunglasses cubby, then the last cubby has a door with a velcro patch to attach your garage door opener and yes it does have a rubber piece on the door like someone said on the first page of this post that hits your garage door opener button when you push on the factory Ford door.... gasp, there are different variations of this so .........:worthless[1]::worthless[1]::worthless[1]:

Never got to use this before so i had to do it x3 LOL

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lol well if I was near my truck I'd already have a pic up. Unfortunately I've been about 450 km away from my truck for a while and will be for another 4 days lol

·
Registered
83 Posts
Overhead Storage Bin

Overhead Storage Bin Extention

OK. Here is what my over head looks like stock. I'd like to find an off the shelf extension to the overhead bin (pic 1). Sooner or later, I'm going to want to put a row of switches up there to control a few different things. Anyone seen anything or made anything?

2006 Ford Super Duty - Interior roof.jpg

2006 Ford Super Duty - Interior roof (edited).jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Overhead Storage Bin Extention

OK. Here is what my over head looks like stock. I'd like to find an off the shelf extension to the overhead bin (pic 1). Sooner or later, I'm going to want to put a row of switches up there to control a few different things. Anyone seen anything or made anything?

View attachment 43272

View attachment 43274
That is EXACTLY what mine looks like too. I really like the idea of stuffing a nice little CB radio in that cubby lol.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts