Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I simply unplug the EBPV sensor to disable the EBPV? I can't stand it in the morning, it doesn't do me and good and instead of pulling the turbo out or wiring it off Id rather do something simpler and cleaner.

Thanks

·
Registered
578 Posts
Yes. Just unplug it. I've had mine unplugged for a couple of winters now with no negative effect. No CEL light, no nothing.

·
Banned
3,771 Posts
it sets a soft code. i just cut mine out. lol.

·
Registered
977 Posts
the ebpv usually throws a code anyways, its a common thing on the 7.3's, especially the obs ones like mine

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have mine unplugged and have no issues with it. I cant stand that sound when its cold out either

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Me too, its obnoxious. Going to do that tomorrow and be done with that damn thing!

·
ARMY MOM!!!!
3,053 Posts
I was glad I pulled everything out....gave me the chance to see that the turbo needed cleaning which was making the valve stick , & I had exhaust donuts to replace, swhile doing that I GUTTED the pedestal, I didn't want the plug just hanging & also wanted the option to put it back if I need too.

·
Registered
170 Posts
How hard is messing around with the turbo? Id like to gut might ebv as well but I don't want to f anything up

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
easiest way to unplug it is from the air box, theres a temp sensor there, it wont operate without it, and it wont set a code

·
Registered
170 Posts
Thank you! Pictures would be very helpful

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Look on the air box, theres a grey connector below the stock filter,closet to the fire wall. if you have a 6637 mod youve moved this sensor and tied it up somewhere, just unplug that sensor off the connector and it wont operate.

sorry but i dont have pics, ill search the web fast.

·
ARMY MOM!!!!
3,053 Posts
How hard is messing around with the turbo? Id like to gut might ebv as well but I don't want to f anything up
its easy. so is gutting the pedestal, Marty has a vid on how to do it in the tech section. just go to search & type 'gutting the pedestal' it should come up. If I can do the gutting & pulling of the pedestal anyone can......good luck

·
Registered
170 Posts
If I gut it im waiting till spring...I don't have a heated shop and im a wuss lol

·
Registered
170 Posts
its easy. so is gutting the pedestal, Marty has a vid on how to do it in the tech section. just go to search & type 'gutting the pedestal' it should come up. If I can do the gutting & pulling of the pedestal anyone can......good luck
Thank you I can't wait to get my hands dirty in there!

·
Registered
192 Posts
my question is whats the point of gutting it out if u can just unplug the sensor and when u decide to hook it back up just put the sensor back in place? if im wrong about something but just wondering why do you bother taking the time to gut ur turbo.

·
ARMY MOM!!!!
3,053 Posts
BECAUse they are prone to leaking like mine did.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts