Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Unlocking Your Xcal2 After a Reflash (Very Important)

Good Morning and Happy Monday to All,

I would like to ask the moderators to please place this as a sticky.

To all SCT customers:

It is very important that if you go to the dealership and get reflashed that you unlock your box before loading any tunes. The Unlock button is in the Liveload software.

If you do not unlock your box, when you reload your stock file you will be loading the stock file before the reflash. This was a change made by SCT when developing the software so customers can use the same Liveload files with the Xcal2 and the Livewire.

Most of the time we don't know when the customer gets a reflash so it is impossible for us to warn anyone, that is the reason we are starting this thread.

If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to contact us or SCT directly 407-744-2447 / SCT Flash Devices - MORE Power . . . Period!.

Thanks & have a great day,
Vivian

·
Super Moderator
13,238 Posts
man i cant wait to get my SCT, the wife wants me to get the guage set up first, but ill be calling soon Vivian!! :D

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Joseph! It is so important. We don't want anyone having to go back to the dealer to get re-reflashed!

Please call us. It will be our pleasure!

Thanks,
Vivian

·
Registered
3 Posts
What type of mileage increase can the SCT deliver? I am currently getting 15.5avg/18 hwy with a light foot. I have an 03 cc dually 4x4 6.0l w/4.10's and the warranty is up, so i can start to make mods. I want to increase MPG as this is my daily driver, two of the replies I have had recommend the SCT with custom tunes. the only engine performance mods I am thinking about are a tuner/programmer and exhaust. At 8000#'s it is as fast as it needs to be, but at 3.50/gal I need to find some economy enhancers:confused:.
Also what do the SCT's codt?

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
257 Posts
hey i just got my truck reflashed today and i did return it to stock before going to the dealer. so what your saying is if i try to download any of the can tunes from my livewire i have to use the software to unlock something or it will upload the stock tune that was in there before the reflash??

·
Registered
1,713 Posts

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Vivian, I was talking with you at the SSS just b4 they handed out the awards... Just wondering what the turn around time is from me letting you know my strategy? I have my exhaust & quad installed just working on a sneaky pipe...
Thanks for your help... & keep me posted about the "Grand Opening" when it comes...

·
Registered
693 Posts
Vivian and EVERYONE at DJ's is the Shiznit!!! haha!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Vivian, I was talking with you at the SSS just b4 they handed out the awards... Just wondering what the turn around time is from me letting you know my strategy? I have my exhaust & quad installed just working on a sneaky pipe...
Thanks for your help... & keep me posted about the "Grand Opening" when it comes...
Hi, I hope you are doing well. Please call me when you get a chance 352-528-0688.

Vivian and EVERYONE at DJ's is the Shiznit!!! haha!
:lol_1::thankyou2:

Thanks,
Vivian

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi,

We have economy files saving 2-4mpg and a new economy that we have seen 3-6 mpg but not all the trucks like this one. The ones that do, find it very economical and strong. The ones that don't, find it economical but not strong.

I will send you a PM with pricing since I don't think I'm allowed to post prices here.

Thanks,
Vivian

What type of mileage increase can the SCT deliver? I am currently getting 15.5avg/18 hwy with a light foot. I have an 03 cc dually 4x4 6.0l w/4.10's and the warranty is up, so i can start to make mods. I want to increase MPG as this is my daily driver, two of the replies I have had recommend the SCT with custom tunes. the only engine performance mods I am thinking about are a tuner/programmer and exhaust. At 8000#'s it is as fast as it needs to be, but at 3.50/gal I need to find some economy enhancers:confused:.
Also what do the SCT's codt?

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi,

I wanted to give an update. Unlocking your box is for the Xcal2 only. The X3 and Livewire unlock themselves.

Thanks,
Vivian

·
Registered
786 Posts
SCT said this isn't required when using a Livewire. They said it auto unlocks when you load your stock file back to the truck.

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I have a quick question, I can't remember if I unlocked my box before I installed the new tunes after Ford reflased my computer. I was wondering if there is anyway to tell?

My strategy comes up as 14 digits long, is this normal?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi,

I'm sorry that I did not reply sooner but it gets so busy that I don't get a chance to log in as often as I'd like. You may have already gotten a response to your question but ...

If you have your old strategy or maybe you could ask your tuner for it, you can compare your old strategy with your new one and that will tell you.

Also, the X3 unlocks itself. These instructions are only for the Xcal2.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Vivian

1 - 20 of 50 Posts