Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a #1705 Superchip which was supposed to be brand new but it turns out that it was used before so now it's locked. The company can do it for a charge and I can't get in touch with the original owner. Is there a way to somehow unlock it by myself ?

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
I would say no. DId you buy it from a guy off here?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Believe it or not, it was from some old lady on Craigslist in Seattle who claimed that her husband passed away and he never got a chance to use it on his truck so for $150 I went for it. It definetely looks brand new but I'm getting a message that it's locked to the original VIN# and it will not let me proceed to the next step.

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
yeah you'll have to send it to the company. that sucks man is that the long rectangle one?

·
Registered
1,032 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I'll give it a try. Superchips want $100 + shipping to unlock it. This is the last time I'll trust an old lady :) :) :)

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Ya never can tell nowadays who you can trust.

·
Registered
7,846 Posts
Well 100 bucks isnt bad to unlock it. I woulda sold you mine for 150 bucks. owell chit happens

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
I've got one of those 1705 POS tuners, I only trust it as a code reader now. IT ACTUALLY VIN LOCKED ME OUT OF TUNING ON MY OWN TRUCK!!!!! Only used it on the OBS, never the other truck. Sent it back twice in a year to be fixed under warranty, still had to pay shipping....crap. Now I'm not even sure if my trucks stock tuning is really stock anymore.

·
Too cool for school
9,886 Posts
I've got one of those 1705 POS tuners, I only trust it as a code reader now. IT ACTUALLY VIN LOCKED ME OUT OF TUNING ON MY OWN TRUCK!!!!! Only used it on the OBS, never the other truck. Sent it back twice in a year to be fixed under warranty, still had to pay shipping....crap. Now I'm not even sure if my trucks stock tuning is really stock anymore.
same here, my dad loaded the tow tune in his OBS dually before a trip to florida. Got there, and he decided to switch it around to see what kinda mpg he got on the way back home. And, it was vin locked :hehe:

Called superchips and they swore up and down that he had put it on the wrong truck, but they changed their mind after we walked through the front doors of their place down in Florida..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts