Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im getting a leveling kit for the truck and was taking some measurements front to back to see how much difference in height there is. Come to find out the back is different in height by an inch driver to passenger. measured to the top of the wheel well 42 inches on the drivers side and 43 inches on the passenger side. What would cause this to be uneven? Old worn out shocks maybe?:dunno:

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
10 years of use, lots of miles, and having a few hundred pounds of diesel on that side makes em sag a little more than the other side.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Most pickups sag a little to the drivers side. Battery, fuel tank and our fat butts are always on that side!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Duh that makes sense...looking into the procomp 2 inch leveling kit...Do you guys know anything about this kit...good/bad?

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
Very common in all vehicles, the larger and heavier the more you notice it. There are several ways to level your truck out, but not all of them are correct. Many will say that you don't need a trac bar relocation bracket, or a adjustable trac bar. If at least one of these isn't used you are forcing the front end 1/2 to 3/4 off center. Sure it will drive, but it won't be right and you will usually have bump steer issues. So make sure you either have the relocation bracket, adjustable trac bar, or better yet both. I have been planning on a leveling kit for several years now and just haven't had the time. There is a member here named CaryT he has one of the best kits I have found and he will be the one I buy from when I get around to it. Tell him NCHornet said hey!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts