Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that my fuel filter cap is damaged (looks like someone tried to remove it with a large wrench. I plan to replace it and intend to up a fuel pressure monitor on. I noticed that the OEM cap doesn't allow for this and there are a lot of companies that make ones that do. I'm sure some of you are running fuel pressure gauges. What brand have you used and had success with? I've read about some of the bad ones and would prefer the recommendations of the community. I looked at the BPD ones (along with oil cap and oil filler cap, set up to use sensors). Just wondering if anyone is successfully using a less expensive setup.

·
Administrator
34,053 Posts
test port is easier and does not have to be removed to change filters ( I have an oil bypass on my oil cap and that adds a few minutes to the process ) and opens the slight chance of a cross thread when reinstalling the elbow and line )

now the BPD caps are great even if you do not use the fitting

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
test port is easier and does not have to be removed to change filters ( I have an oil bypass on my oil cap and that adds a few minutes to the process ) and opens the slight chance of a cross thread when reinstalling the elbow and line )

now the BPD caps are great even if you do not use the fitting
So far everything that I have seen from BPD is awesome, if pricey. Gotta get more money before I can make that move.

·
Administrator
34,053 Posts
the EAS should be able to adapt to the test port as a permanent install
I put my digital gauge sender in that port 6 years ago and never touched it since
knock nock

·
Premium Member
3,654 Posts
Yes, test port the win. Many years later and still working fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.