Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are my number from today. It's not what I expected but it's not too bad. This was Innovative Extreme Race tune and I didn't have time to run DJ's looney because I got there a little late. I was really hoping for better numbers...oh well. I will have it put on the dyno machine after all the mods are installed. Feel free to give any opinions. These are uncorrected numbers. I also didn't have time to get a dyno tune but it seem to matter.
IMAGE0004.jpg
The best of three runs was 377hp and 718tq

·
Registered
786 Posts
Seems low on the hp side, is that the 4.10s?

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Was this with the injectors and turbo?

Have you gotten a custom tune from Eric for those items as well as the NOS setup?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This was tune only with exhaust and air intake. I was a little dissapointed with the numbers but hopefully things will change after the turbo and injectors. This was a race tune and not a dyno tune, I wanted to dyno the same tune I'll be running on the street. I actually wanted to run DJ's tune but I'm glad I didn't because I have a older looney file. Vivian just sent me an updated Looney Wild file and I'll be loading it soon.

·
Banned
0 Posts
all the dyno tune does is lock your converter in all gears. It doesn't effect the hp #s by much. I know the extreme race (from Eric) locks the tc after 4th, I believe, which would give you the 1:1 ratio you'd want to put down the power.
The numbers are on the lower side, but the mods you have lined up should give ya the boost!
and tell eric to fix ya up a new tune, he has much room to spare from the "box" tunes he sends out :nod:

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Well since you have the turbo and injectors listed in your signature suggesting they're installed - do you have the headstuds installed?

If so, does Eric know?

I know I've seen MANY 6.0's dyno above 400 on just exhaust and tune with studs. Eric doesn't send stuff out that's going to just blow your stuff up.

If you don't have studs installed - be happy with your power levels ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't have studs installed and I pushed out 446rwhp on the dyno. Haven't blown the gaskets in 117k miles.

I applaude you for not posting "corrected" numbers. All too many times guys go and put down 370rwhp and then "correct" them to be around 420rwhp. I did no correction on my numbers.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
I don't have studs installed and I pushed out 446rwhp on the dyno. Haven't blown the gaskets in 117k miles.

I applaude you for not posting "corrected" numbers. All too many times guys go and put down 370rwhp and then "correct" them to be around 420rwhp. I did no correction on my numbers.
You sir are lucky!

Are you the same guy from TDG?

·
Registered
21 Posts
My name on TDG is HD_F250 as well.

I have blown one EGR cooler, but have not blown a HG. The tune that I ran 446rwhp on I run daily and have yet to have a problem with it. It's all about throttle control I guess...

I also have nitrous on my truck, but don't run it that much.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Well welcome aboard!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
At first I felt a little dissapointed but it's more of a reference for my upcoming mods. I was told that the torque looks good but the hp seems a little low. It also seemed like I was running out of fuel because it stopped smoking at the higher RPM's...is this a possiblilty?

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Unless you've requested the tunes to be bumped up - Eric has yours set conservative ;) to keep the heads on your truck

As for HD's comments about 446 on stock bolts, some trucks have problems, others don't... Hope you're lucky too!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Unless you've requested the tunes to be bumped up - Eric has yours set conservative ;) to keep the heads on your truck

As for HD's comments about 446 on stock bolts, some trucks have problems, others don't... Hope you're lucky too!
I'm not planning on luck. I'll be having my headstuds, turbo, injectors, and fuel system installed next week. At that time I will speak to the vendors and ask for that little something extra.

·
Premium Member
4,129 Posts
Mine did 439hp on stock bolts. Once the EGR cooler plugged I had the studs installed under warranty. Eric turned up the whick after that, but It never hit the rollers again.

Where was this dyno event? Have they ever dyno'd a diesel truck before? Dunbars dyno is the only dyno I believe. If its not on Daves dyno its only speculation. He will be at TS...get in line very very early!

I wouldnt sweat the numbers.Get your studs in an tell eric to "let her eat".

Yes your truck is going to clean up once the turbo spools up.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
I'm not planning on luck. I'll be having my headstuds, turbo, injectors, and fuel system installed next week. At that time I will speak to the vendors and ask for that little something extra.
You'll SOON forget what your truck previously did when all of these things are installed...

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
This was tune only with exhaust and air intake. I was a little dissapointed with the numbers but hopefully things will change after the turbo and injectors. This was a race tune and not a dyno tune, I wanted to dyno the same tune I'll be running on the street. I actually wanted to run DJ's tune but I'm glad I didn't because I have a older looney file. Vivian just sent me an updated Looney Wild file and I'll be loading it soon.
Hey let all of us know how that new Looney wild tune works for you!! :thumb:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey let all of us know how that new Looney wild tune works for you!! :thumb:
I'll be taking my truck into the shop Sunday evening and from now I think I'll let her rest...don't want to screw anything up before hand. I will let you know how she runs afterwards and once the new tunes are loaded I'll have her dynoed at the same place.

·
Registered
60 Posts
just wondering what corrected # are?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts