Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a hard time unbolting the exhaust downpipe from the turbo. Anyone have any tips on what size socket is needed for the bolt on the back of the downpipe connector since the bolt is on the back of the engine bay?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bumpskey...

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Psh. Mine is welded on. :thud:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the middle of installing my stacks, and Im at a stop because of this problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i had the same problem when i put my exhaust on. i went and bought some PB Blaster and sprayed it on and let it sit for the night. the next morning i tried it and it came off very easy. but be careful because it is hard to find the O-ring if you break or bend it. hit me up if you have any other problems

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
The down pipe is held on by a V band clamp. I believe it is a 3/8" socket, you will need a deep wall.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok im gonna try a 3/8

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
i had the same problem when i put my exhaust on. i went and bought some PB Blaster and sprayed it on and let it sit for the night. the next morning i tried it and it came off very easy. but be careful because it is hard to find the O-ring if you break or bend it. hit me up if you have any other problems
PB Blaster is the shiz! Love the stuff.

good luck smitty! You best be postin some vids when you get those hooked up!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts