Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellas, and ill thank yall in advance for any help!!
I have been googling this issue for almost 5 months now, i have raped the internet trying to find the solution and STILL NOTHING! so i hope you guys can point me in the right direction. anything over 60% throttle i get this horrible sound. to me it sounds like air woooshing, but almost like the air is angry , lmao. when i let off he throtte and let it coast for a few seconds it goes away. i typically am not hammering the pedal so its not happening every minute of every day, just here in there. but everything i have found online, i did!

intercooler piping, done it, replaced it and upgraded to all metal piping, no more plastic.
Check couplers, did it. then did it again i week later, they were fine, i replaced them anyway! i have a video ill attach below of we recording when the sounds starts. please note, when im watching the video, you can clearly hear what im referrring to, but when in the truck, from watching the video, the sound is almost 3x as loud.

anything at this point would be helpful guys! thanks!

Link to the video

·
Premium Member
6,181 Posts
Checked the end tank gaskets on the inter cooler?

·
Registered
794 Posts
are you sure it is just not turbo spooling you are hereing inside the cab i will watch it again but seems to me with your boost gauge or is it comming from your air box

·
Registered
794 Posts
yup i think it is coming from the turbo or your exhust/ turbo spooling noise which is fine and was one of those things you never noticed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
are you sure it is just not turbo spooling you are hereing inside the cab i will watch it again but seems to me with your boost gauge or is it comming from your air box
Man, I just can’t think that’s it, I just hit 116,000 miles, bought the truck when I had 20,000, and it just started doing this as of late. Very distinguishable difference

·
Registered
794 Posts
is this factory intercolor pipe or is it an upgraded one that has just been put on to increase anything would cause a sound change, or tail pipe or othe small mods just throwing things out there. if it was sucking air one would think you would see a loss in boost

·
Premium Member
11,372 Posts
1) There are no "end tank gaskets" on the CAC. If anything it would be the boots, but then that was already addressed.

Did you look over ALL the plastic piping on the motor?? There were guys reporting they found holes in the upper motor area intake assembly.

Example of the area I'm speaking of:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts