Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
PMR = JUNK
11,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Um, I think i broke my BTS......

It wont move and sometimes it will make a clicking sound when its in gear. Either somethin in the trans, the torque converter or maybe the flex plate. The clicking sound is comin from the bellhousing area. The OD light was blinking as well.

I just got back to my parents place from town and decided to do a boosted launch in front of the house. I boosted it up then let off it right away to pull in the driveway, and it moved just enough to get me down the driveway about 40 feet. Now it wont move at all. :doh:

·
PMR = JUNK
11,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah hopefully. That's just my luck to break a bulletproof transmission with a stock truck. :doh:

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
good thing you've got the trans with the best customer service in the world.... :thumb:

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Did you talk to Brian yet?

·
PMR = JUNK
11,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dang right Jason.

I tried callin em but no one answered so i left a message.

·
Super Moderator
12,908 Posts
good thing you have the original to put back in :poke

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Might have too to get you by.

·
Registered
421 Posts
And i was going to drag race my truck on a stock 4r100 this sunday.
:eek:hnoes::eek:hnoes::eek:hnoes:

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Replacement for the 4R100 should be covered under recall.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
I would have too.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
good thing you have the original to put back in :poke
:hehe::hehe: That would be fun. Pull it back out of the dually. Screw that. :rofl:

Might have too to get you by.
Nah, i still got the Ranger to drive around in. Even if i didn't have that i'm sure my grandpa would let me borrow one of his cars for a while.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
I always forget about the Ranger.

·
Coal Rolling = Posing
9,871 Posts
I'm gonna guess it's not the flexplate. Can you turn the truck off and start it back up?

If you can it's definitely not the plate. Plus plates don't make clicking sounds when they go.

They make "OH MY GOD WHAT KIND OF MONSTER IS UNDER THE TRUCK WITH A GRINDER, A HAMMER, AND A ROCK CRUSHER'' noises.

It's pretty horrible.

Did you make sure the shift link didn't come dislodged from the side of the trans?

How about that white bushing in the shift lollipop that hates to disconnect then usually refuses to reconnect when R&R'ing?

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
I am familiar with that noise.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
jake jake jake lol only you :hehe:

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
I cant believe you did that Jake. It just doesn't make sense.

·
PMR = JUNK
11,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm gonna guess it's not the flexplate. Can you turn the truck off and start it back up?

If you can it's definitely not the plate. Plus plates don't make clicking sounds when they go.

They make "OH MY GOD WHAT KIND OF MONSTER IS UNDER THE TRUCK WITH A GRINDER, A HAMMER, AND A ROCK CRUSHER'' noises.

It's pretty horrible.

Did you make sure the shift link didn't come dislodged from the side of the trans?

How about that white bushing in the shift lollipop that hates to disconnect then usually refuses to reconnect when R&R'ing?
Yeah after thinkin about it i realized it really cant be the flex plate for that exact reason. I can start it with no issue. And i've heard a broken flex plate before, and dear God, it sounds like a demon trying to escape.

Ill check that shift link and bushing in a bit, though i don't that is the case since i can still feel the shifter click for each gear, and the computer messes with the RPM when it thinks it should be goin into gear. The shifter has been getting loose lately, but i attributed that to wear in the linkage.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts