Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an 06 ford f250 diesel with a banks iq, the other day i was driving down the freeway when suddenly the cluster went dead and the rpms jumped up, I pulled over and tried to see what was wrong, gears won't change, cluster just says check gauges, I've check all fuses, batteries, all ground cables, and can't figure out the problem, everything works fine except cluster, and transmission won't change gears, I'm thinking the gears won't change because the cluster won't work, any one have any ideas on how to fix this problem?

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Either a fuse or relay blew supplying power to the instrument cluster module or a wire/circuit broke. Either way the cluster has lost communication with the pcm and the tranny module with no signal from the speedo/tach the tranny doesn't now when to shift.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Then I am afraid you will have to change the whole cluster. Unless you can still only change the cluster module but in 06 I think they were fully integrated. Hopefully I am wrong.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a similar issue:

I have a 06 f-350 SRW that will occasionally have a dash issue. it was sitting in the driveway one day and all of the gauges went to 0, i turned off the key and restarted the truck and they went back to normal when i scanned the codes i got a U0155, reset it. i drove the truck about a week over bumpy roads,curvy roads, up hills and down hills and didnt do it again. tonight while driving it started acting up again. i was slowing down to turn left and i look down and the gauges were out again, they only stayed out for a few seconds than they cam back on. the backlit did not shut off and the radio continued to work

1 - 6 of 6 Posts