Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Tymar just arrived.. opening pictures!

3K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  justinlogue5_0 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone,

My Tymar arrived today and figured I'd put up a post about it. I'm excited, this is officially... my first mod for this truck! Let the excitment and spending begin... haha
I already have a metal tray, so I opted out of getting one, but got an additional filter to have on hand. Installing it tomorrow, can't wait!

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Thanks dude, putting it in after work, then taking it for a test drive.

#6 ·
U will love this intake. Just remember to get your Replacement filters from Caryt or even Dale himself. Dont buy the 6637s, u will pay more for them.

#8 ·
Hey All,

Sorry for the delay in a follow up post, it's been storming in my area and haven't had a chance to put it in. I'll be installing it this afternoon and taking photos.

Diezel: Thanks for the heads up! I actually purchased a 2nd one to have on hand.

Jarrod: It was $246.09 delievered to my door. I changed the order around a little bit.. I had the metal tray, so didn't order that, I also had the elbow power coated
black, and also an extra filter. There was also a $6.00 charge as I paid through paypal. I can always scan the invoice if you wanna see the breakdown.

Dale is selling the filter for I believe under $30.. I can check that later.

#9 ·
I paid under $25 for my replacement filter from Dale. Dale is good people. Do business with him all the time. He allows me to use his shop anytime i need it

#10 ·
Here we go! Took about 30-45mins to install and was pretty easy.

To install:
- Disconnected both batteries.
- Removed the driver side battery from the truck.
- Removed the three bolts that held the original intake - 2 to the inner fender and one to the battery tray.
- Removed the 4 bolts holding the battery tray to frame.
- Bolted the metal filter arm to the underneath of the battery tray.
Everything goes back in and... there we go!

After a test drive, I can definitely say the turbo is much louder inside the truck. You can hear it begin to spool up
and down, and when your on it, it yells pretty good. I can see how people suggest that it could get slightly annoying,
but for now, I love the sound of it.

Just checked my invoice and the filter was $25.63

#12 ·
lol, yea.. I could kind of agree with that.

The filter is definitely wedged back there. when I did a mock setup, it did move
around just slightly, but now with the bracket, if I change the battery or anything
else that opens up space, it will not move for sure.

I can feel how much the intake change the response and up and go of the truck.

#13 ·
Does your filter opening go over the intake pipe? If so did it clamp down pretty tight? My filter seems pretty stiff and I am not sure if its going to hold on? If I make one of those large clamps like the one that came with your kit I know it would stay in place then.:dunno:

#17 ·
As I was starting out and researching what intake to get for the truck, I searched here and a couple other sites looking for the 'best one'.

Everyone has a preference oe look, or they get lured by the marketing of a specific product. We've all seen the these posts.. Banks, AFE,
K&N, Tymar, the DIY'ers etc.. They're all great products that help bring a lil more power out of our stock trucks. Everything gets down to
personal preferences. I know people will make the arguement about performance numbers etc, but that in itself is another discussion. I was
interested in getting something that bolted in and being done. Call it being lazy, or lack of time, etc... The Tymar was cheaper then most of
the other intakes and had great reviews. Why not the DIY? I was looking for plug-in and go, due to time basically.

justinlogue: Correct, the intake goes into the filter and clamps down from the filter onto the intake. When I was installing it, it took a little force
to push the filter over the intake. I used the clamp as I'm not interested in having to check it later or worry about it wiggling off over a long trip,
so the clamp was used and it tightened down pretty good.

Thanks southern7.3, let the modding bug begin! haha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.