Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally figured out where my clunking noise was coming from. My bushings on the radius arm by the frame were shot. I called Fabtech this morning and they said they are wearable items, and would not warranty them...what a joke. 15,000 miles and I have to spend $80.00 to get replacement bushings. I will remember this next time I order a lift.

·
Premium Member
19,112 Posts
Wow, no doubt. Sucks to hear that, Barry, but at least you've gotten it figured out. I am frustrated that I still have a clunk on my wife's dodge that I can't seem to isolate. It only happens when going over a sizable bump.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, no doubt. Sucks to hear that, Barry, but at least you've gotten it figured out. I am frustrated that I still have a clunk on my wife's dodge that I can't seem to isolate. It only happens when going over a sizable bump.
ya well I think I have it figured out. I wont get them in the mail for about a week. Is the dodge lifted, 2500?

·
Premium Member
19,112 Posts
ya well I think I have it figured out. I wont get them in the mail for about a week. Is the dodge lifted, 2500?
4" Rancho lift on a 2002 Ram 1500. Sounds like it is coming from the rear end, but only happens when the front end goes over a bump. I don't have access to a lift and I can't reproduce it when it's up on stands or even one end jacked up. :dunno:

·
Registered
274 Posts
not to many places will replace bushings after 2 years under warranty... they all say it is a wearable part. Only way you may have had leverage is if the lift was installed professionally and pussed the shop that installed them to replace. Alot of the times the shop will cover parts if the customer covers labour

1 - 5 of 5 Posts