·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know where the write up on this is at? iv looks but cant find it

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
i think ud need aftermarket front hubs and have them unlocked when transfer case is in 4lo

·
Registered
122 Posts
If you've got ESOF, then you can interrupt power to the hub solenoid. Shift into 4low like normal which puts the transfer case into low range, but drop power to the vacuum solenoid for the hubs.

I haven't done it yet, but was thinking about using an upfitter to accomplish it. I figure a normally closed relay (so in normal position -i.e., power off to the relay, the vacuum solenoid operates normally) then when you flip on the upfitter switch, it sends 12v to the relay causing the contacts to open, dropping power to the vacuum solenoid and leaving the hubs unlocked.

The other way to do it would be to break power for the vacuum solenoid through an aftermarket switch mounted somewhere on the dash. When the switch is closed, hubs operate normally; when the switch is open, hubs unlock.

Jim

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
sounds easier doing manual hubs

·
Registered
231 Posts
My auto hubs are not functioning at the moment. So that works to! Used it this way a few times to back the decover up when I was grosing 23K +. Worked great!

And if I need 4x4 I just lock in the hubs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts