Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my truck has 11,900 miles.
Its been in the shop at 4,000 for an oil leak.
4500 for another oil leak, and power steering pump
6,000 for blue smoke
10,000 for a radiator that ford swears isnt leaking.
and now at 11,900 i have this... and btw, the oil has 4K miles on it

And here is my radiator that doesnt leak

·
Registered
76 Posts
It's a diesel . the oil is going to look like that.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
man that sucks, I hate to hear about that, Its a shame you spend so much on a new truck, having problems are bad enough but then when the dealer/ford wants to give ya the run around it makes it that much worse

·
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER
5,877 Posts
Try a different dealer, if possible.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I agree that sucks having that much problems with a new truck ... and if the dealer keeps giving you the run around , go to another one ...

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have been hearing about the 6.4 having issues with fuel in the oil and the dip stick showing over full, in one case it was the high pressure fuel lines under the valve covers leaking if i remember correctly.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been hearing about the 6.4 having issues with fuel in the oil and the dip stick showing over full, in one case it was the high pressure fuel lines under the valve covers leaking if i remember correctly.
you sir, are correct

·
Registered
76 Posts
is it supposed to be 2 qts over full? i know what a diesel's oil should look like. this is my third one....

Sorry I didn't notice it was overfull

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i forgot to add, the truck about 80 man hours of paint work to correct deficiency from the factory

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
So, my truck has 11,900 miles.
Its been in the shop at 4,000 for an oil leak.
4500 for another oil leak, and power steering pump
6,000 for blue smoke
10,000 for a radiator that ford swears isnt leaking.
and now at 11,900 i have this... and btw, the oil has 4K miles on it

And here is my radiator that doesnt leak

Brand new engines are bound to have problems man. The 6.0's had alot of problems didn't they. Get a 7.3 :icon_ford:

·
Registered
341 Posts
I am at 92,000 miles on mine and it will not even climb the slope to get into the garage, a $61,000 po$ 1000% ,rad has also been leaking ,but never at the dealer as well -- huuummm but loses 2 gallon a week and I have the same green stain on the lower support as you do. I have given up on Ford and plan to just put an engine in the truck that has proven to me that it runs for many miles - I bought a wrecked 02 2500 Dodge with a 24V and a 6 Speed last week and it will be a rattling ,smoking and running 08 Ford when done.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yo: Turboseventhree: You will have to buy a truck sooner or later. Maybe you should learn some manners. Been driving Ford trucks for 40 years now and have had alot more probs. then this. You have to remember they were only covered for 12,000 miles up until a few years ago.

737tdi

·
Registered
776 Posts
My truck has 70K on it and I feel I don't have enough oil leaks to keep the engine area from rusting. Its my 2nd diesel that is like that. Most trucks or cars I ever owned have been wet enough to keep it from rusting. So I have to spray oil everywhere required.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Brand new engines are bound to have problems man. The 6.0's had alot of problems didn't they. Get a 7.3 :icon_ford:
when they make a 7.3L with common rail, a good auto behind it, and that doesnt ride like tank, i will. my wife daily drives my truck, so it needs to do more than run good

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
when they make a 7.3L with common rail, a good auto behind it, and that doesnt ride like tank, i will. my wife daily drives my truck, so it needs to do more than run good
Hmm, the only thing I have been in that rides better than my 02 is a new duramax. However, the interior was flakey compared to my truck that is 5 years older. Yeah the auto won't hold alot of horsepower, but it sure handles what the truck came with. But then, I buy a truck to use as a truck.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Then go ahead and buy the Chevy. I would have but it is butt stinking ugly. Walk outside and see that sitting in the drive would make me hurl. Just couldn't do it.

737tdi

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hmm, the only thing I have been in that rides better than my 02 is a new duramax. However, the interior was flakey compared to my truck that is 5 years older. Yeah the auto won't hold alot of horsepower, but it sure handles what the truck came with. But then, I buy a truck to use as a truck.
then you havent ridden in an 08 ford, and if you did, something was wrong. the ride between the 08's and leaf sprung rigs are night and day. And i use mine as a truck, but i use it as a family hauler too.
that is the neat thing about technology, things get BETTER!
Then go ahead and buy the Chevy. I would have but it is butt stinking ugly. Walk outside and see that sitting in the drive would make me hurl. Just couldn't do it.

737tdi
no plans to buy a chevy, but if i lemon law this, a v10 is looking good

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I dont like all the emissions BS on the new ones....Isnt it envirnmentally safe EITHER way? all that comes out is particles correct? no polutant chemicals?

But im sure ford will get all the kinks worked out. It happened with the 6.0, and they got it workin perfectly.

Sorry for your bad experience. Hope it all gets worked out. I can understand your frustration with the stealership, once they sell it to you, they wanna sc3w ya! cant say i like dealing with them either!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts