Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 super duty with 150,000 miles. I have continually posted about high temps but good deltas. Responses are all over the board, and I have had it in several private well recommended diesel garages , with no success. Based on others advice, I'm contemplating a new water pump. I have tried three oem tstats, and have a newer oil cooler. I have everything I need to flush, which I will do soon, with aa coolant filter at the same time.
Before I flush and put $80 bucks worth of antifreeze in it, I'm thinking the timing is right to put in a new dependable water pump. So...What do you all recommend? I know many like the BPD, but based on my income, its pretty expensive $350). Are there others out there that have metal impellers and are dependable, and are a good product for the money?

Also I would like opinions on whether to try a lower temperature tstat? I see mostly good reviews about lowering ECTs several degrees

Thanks in advance. I appreciate all the help I get from many of you on the forum!!

Registered
I don't see a problem with oem. Replace the fan clutch with the water pump. Hayden has a good severe duty fan clutch

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

Premium Member
The early pumps had impeller failures that had been eliminated during the normal product maturing to my observations. I don't recall seeing impeller failures for quite some time.

Reactions: Heavy_GD

Registered
If you鈥檙e doing this, consider a 6.0 fan clutch wrench. Also, know how to use the belt pressure relief clip on the belt tensioner pulley. A standard belt tensioner wrench does not work most of the time, but there is a special tool available.

Registered
I鈥檓 using the Dieselsite water pump with the metal impeller. It has a lifetime warranty. No problem 4 years later鈥

1 - 7 of 7 Posts