Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
What u talkin bout willis
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK GUY I JUST PICKED THIS BAD BOY UP AND GOT A STEAL ON IT ITS GOT A LITTLE DAMAGE ON IT FROM SHIPPING BUT I THINK THAT THE PRICE I GOT IT FOR WAS WORTH IT PLUS ITS FIBER GLASS SO I CAN REPAIR IT YOU GUYS TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK BOUT IT

·
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I JUST DONT KNOW CHIT ABOUT FIBERGLASS THOUGH

·
Premium Member
15,689 Posts
now that may pose a problem :lol:

youll figure it out, shoot if ya have a local custom audio shop ask them for some pointers, they work with the stuff all the time

·
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
STUMP YOU KNOW HOW TO WORK WITH FIBERGLASS I GOT A CASE OR TWO OF NATTY YOU COME WORK ON IT FOR ME

·
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
AND THE BEST PART IS ITS FULLY FUNCTIONAL RAM AIR

·
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ANY BODY HAVE ANY TIPS ON THIS (HOW TO REPAIR FIBERGLASS))

·
Registered
738 Posts
If I were you I wouldnt mess with it..Looks like the whole structural integrity has been compramised...you may patch it but there could be some hair line fractures you cant see...My advice is get rid of it and let it be someone else's problem...I would be willing to despose of it properly for you...If you choose to accept this mission send me your address and I will pay for shipping to my house..I figure its the least I could do to help ya out....

·
PIPE HITTER
1,472 Posts
If I were you I wouldnt mess with it..Looks like the whole structural integrity has been compramised...you may patch it but there could be some hair line fractures you cant see...My advice is get rid of it and let it be someone else's problem...I would be willing to despose of it properly for you...If you choose to accept this mission send me your address and I will pay for shipping to my house..I figure its the least I could do to help ya out....
I'm in Texas, it would be easier for me just to go and get it raather than shipping it, rednekexprez I really appriciate you stepping up for the cause, but I got this.....

LOL that hood is sweet, we of course want pics as soon as you get it all done....:icon_ford:

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts
Man that's pretty nice, you can make a serious ram air with that!

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
man i been tryin to win one of those on ebay. im jealous. wanna sell it to me lol

·
Registered
738 Posts
GCOP I see atleast 1 person reads the whole thing before responding..good catch..But I beleive I can handle the shipping..however if you want to pick it up for me and deliver instead of paying for shipping I can throw you a couple hundred bucks...

·
Registered
318 Posts
there is fiberglass patching material, similar to bondo, that you can put on there. If there are holes through to the other side they make tape, similar to drywall tape, that you put on the backside along with some heavy duty adhesive to make it strong again. Its doable but you have to be pretty handy with a sander to make it look nice. Im not a big fan of fiberglass, no matter what you do it always ends up wavy in the end.

·
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WENT DOW TO A LOCAL BODY SHOP 450 SMACKER-OONIES I CAN HAVE ALL THE CHIPS DINGS AND THE FIBERGLASS REPAIRED AND BONDO THE DINGS, PRIMER THE HOOD TOP AND BOTTOM AND SHOOT IT RED AND CLEAR COAT AND THEN BLEND IN THE FENDERS TO IT GOOD DEAL BAD DEAL????????

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
i have a hood very similar to this and it is starting to crack and stuff it looks cool but if it breaks i am going with the oem equipment but it should look good once your done with it o and they dont fit worth a crap lol just my experience

·
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i have a hood very similar to this and it is starting to crack and stuff it looks cool but if it breaks i am going with the oem equipment but it should look good once your done with it o and they dont fit worth a crap lol just my experience
YEA WELL I MEAN I GOT IT FOR A STEAL AND ITS ONLY GONNA COST THAT TOTAL AMOUNT TO TAKE IT THE TRUCK TO THEM AND LEAVE AND COME BACK AND BOOM NEW HOOD PAINTED AND I DRIVE OFF WITH RAM AIR

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
WOW! That looks familiar!! Check sig......

I got mine for a steal also, had some chips on the back corner of it. I never messed with em. Just put it on the truck. Oh, I paid 275 for mine. hehehehehehe.....

I do agree with the fitament. Mine doesnt fit well at all next to the fenders, even with the bumpstops twisted all the way up.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts