Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 96 F-250 has some funky front end issue. i put new tie rods on her, i haven't got i aligned yet.

when i bought the truck, it was missing two bolts from the passenger side I beam bracket, the bolts in the top. I replaced them, because the bracket was all over the place. Then i put the new tie rods on, its pretty eyeballed straight, except when i back up, the tires toe out really bad. Any ideas? Just need an alignment? I don't wanna go drop the 50 something bucks and get it aligned, if something else is broke...

Throw out ideas, the bushing on the I beam bracket? I'm about out of ideas guys...:dunno:

Thanks!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump! Any ideas? I won't be offended :rofl:

·
To Many Projects
4,171 Posts
Center pivot bushings wore out and let it move when backing up. My f250 4X4 would do the same but putting D60 in it. I would use a polly bushing to replace them they last a lot longer.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
God i'd love to do a D60 swap! Money Money Money man... and time:doh:

Thanks for the info man, that was my next plan of action.

·
To Many Projects
4,171 Posts
Cool I under stand about the D60 I wasn't sure if your was a 4X4 or you didn't say. On the D60 I got lucky I got the hole truck not running Needed IPR (I wanted trany) for $2000. so I worked out for me but There hard to find for a good price

1 - 5 of 5 Posts